Thread: Gorgeous Gertie!

Gorgeous Gertie!

This is my cat, Gertie, whom I adopted in August of 2013. Meeting her was like anything you'd expect when finding the perfect pet, or for what I needed badly, a companion animal. I was standing in the adoption shelter looking at the different cats, and this medium sized black fluffy kitten came to me bearing a stuffed toy in her mouth. She dropped it at my feet, I smiled, bent down for the toy, and threw it, and from then on she had played fetch right into my heart.

Nowadays, she lays around the house anywhere where it's cooler. She loves chicken and turkey dishes. Sometimes we specially prepare a dish for both of our cats, chicken mashed up on a small glass plate and drizzled in home made gravy or broth. Usually Gertie is the only one who eats this, our other cat just sniffs it and leaves. Ha!! She is a Tonkinese and Maine Coon mix, who weighs 18 pounds and is 30 inches long and 12-13 inches tall. But isn't she gorgeous?

I also have a deviantART page where I post many photos of Gertie, and her adopted sister, Spot, who is a (female) deaf albino tabby cat. She is more attached to my parents than me, but Gertie is definitely my very closest and dearest friend.
    Hello, Gertie in California and hello to Spot, too! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous girl you are! Your fur looks so fluffy and soft to pet, and your face is so sweet!

You knew exactly how to choose your person that day! You brought over a toy - your person-to-be gave it a toss - and there you go, the match was made! PURR-fect! Now you spend time keeping cool and being a beautiful close friend and beloved kitty!

Your people make you a special entrée of chicken with gravy or broth, served on a special plate. Yummy noms for you! Best of all, you are the dearest friend to your person!

Happy Cat of the Day to gorgeous Gertie, and love to Spot too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Gorgeous Gertie!

Hi Gertie in sunny CA! Happy Cat of the Day!

Oh my! What a beautiful Tonkinese x Maine Coon kitty you are, Gertie! Your long, plush black coat is gorgeous, as are those bright amber colored eyes! You're a beauty, that for sure, and just as beautiful inside as out! And weighing in at a svelte 18 lbs, 30 inches long and 12-13 inches tall, no denying your Maine Coon creds! So much gorgeousness to love!

How lucky your human was, that fateful day at the shelter when you chose her/him to be your one and only, and the rest is happy history!

I was standing in the adoption shelter looking at the different cats, and this medium sized black fluffy kitten came to me bearing a stuffed toy in her mouth. She dropped it at my feet, I smiled, bent down for the toy, and threw it, and from then on she had played fetch right into my heart.
    And clearly it was a case of love at first sight for your human, too! What a heavenly match! She/he is only lucky soul, having a furkid, a best friend and loving companion in you, sweetheart! You're a treasure, a gem, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, Gertie! Meeting you today, reading your mom/dad's heartwarming tribute, seeing youe bevy of beautiful photos, has been a real treat! I hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration, sweetheart...chowing down on some yummy chicken with homemade gravy, hehe, playing with sister Spot and cuddling with your human, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, beautiful Gertie, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to dear sister Spot, too! Off to visit your deviantArt page!

Such a beauty!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Gertie, what a beautiful young lady you are! You are an absolutely gorgeous mixture of all the best of both Tonkinese and Maine Coon breeds. That fluffy black fur looks so very soft and luxurious, and what a sweet face you have with those lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us! You are adorable in every one of them. And how nice to check out your deviantART page and see both you and sister Spot there! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Sonora, California to pet you and Spot both! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you both for me .

And what a delightful story you have to tell! Your dear Purrrson came to the adoption shelter to check out the cats, and you chose him/her right away, coming right up to her/him with a stuffed toy in your mouth. The Fetch game began and has continued to this day! Now you like to lay around the house wherever it is cooler. You love chicken and turkey dishes. Sometimes your dear Purrrsons prepare a special dish for you and Spot, chicken mashed up on a small glass plate and drizzled in home-made gravy or broth. Spot isn't very too interested, but you finish it right up! You are a nice big gorgeous girl, and you and Spot and your Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Gertie, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Spot and Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, maybe even a special serving of chicken mashed up on a small glass plate and drizzled in home-made gravy or broth!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    What a rich treat to see lovely Gertie as COTD! Such a beauty and very precious kitty cat!!

Dear Gertie, what a beautiful Tonkinese/Maine Coon girl you are. Your oh so fluffy coat looks so soft, and your face with those big green eyes is adorable.
    You knew right away at the shelter who to bring your toy to. You made an excellent choice when you picked your forever home.
    Your person is even preparing special dishes for you and Spot. While your sister turns up her nose at them, you make sure to clean the plate.
    Gertie, you are a special and precious girl, and I wish you, Spot and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

What a beautiful Maine Coone/Tonkinese cross Gertie is. Congrats on being COTD!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana