Greetings, Piglet! Happy Dog of the Day to you, and to your family and handler, Lori Wells, too!

What a gorgeous Cathoula Leopard Dog you are, Piglet! Talk about a wining smile, hehe, and just look at those sparkling, ice blue eyes!!! I can't for the life of me understand how anyone could pass you up for having too much white in your coat! But no matter! At first glance your human saw you for the beautiful pup that you are, and the rest is happy history! As your human says, it was fate that you and she/he would be as one, and what an amazing team you make! Your good looks go without saying, but it's your intelligence, your unparalleled work ethic, your dedication to helping others AND your BIG heart that make you the EXTRA special girl that you are!

We are so thankful to you and your family, to Lori, for your and her dedication to search and rescue, helping to reunite families with missing loved ones, bringing comfort to those families whose loved ones, sadly, were lost forever.

Another example was when she deployed in a remote wilderness area to find a missing father/husband. After long hours in the field, Piglet found the subject who, sadly, was deceased. Though this is not the outcome wished for on any search, Piglet's diligence and tenacity in making the find allowed the wife and nine kids the answers needed to move forward. Like her smile, Piglet doesn't fade or give up!
There just aren't enough adjectives to describe just how special you are, Piglet! In body and in heart, in mind and in spirit, you're simply the best, and all lucky enough to cross your path, truly blessed! And I certainly will be voting every day for you on the Hero Dog Award site,Piglet, and checking out your FB page too! All fingers and paws here will be crossed!

Great thanks to your human for sharing your heartwarming, inspirational backstory with us, along with all of your utterly heart-melting photos! (Still can't get over that smile, hehe) Meeting you has made my day a whole lot brighter! I hope you're enjoying a very special Dog of the Day celebration, sweetheart, overseeing your household, redecorating your digs, giving and receiving tons of kisses, being loved and pampered to pieces by your proud human! Tons of love, hugs and smooches to you, PRECIOUS Piglet, our very special and most deserving HERO Dog of the Day, EVERY day! Love to all of your furry siblings, too!

That smile!!!

Pucker up for Piglet!