Thread: Kitten emergency

Kitten emergency

When I walked into the humane society today, I walked into kitten mayhem.
    Last week, a lot of the cages were empty. Today, each one of them had at least 2 kittens, and in the visitor area, cage after cage was lined up with 3 or more kittens in each.
    Altogether, there were about 200 kittens.
    They also have a kitten nursery, with at least 50 kittens.
    Adoption prices have been reduced from $100 to $22 for every kitten and cat.
    Right now, most shelters face the same situation, and I hope that each one of those precious babies and every grown kitty will find a loving home.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fhs.jpg 
Views:	45 
Size:	186.0 KB 
ID:	60786 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fhs1.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	41.1 KB 
ID:	60787 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	fhs2.jpg 
Views:	42 
Size:	46.7 KB 
ID:	60788
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Oh my God... I join in with you in your hopes for loving homes for all those precious babies and big kitties. Those pictures are touching and heartbreaking. At least they are safe now in a place where they are receiving loving care, perhaps for the first time.

The Humane Society of Huron Valley here is facing a similar situation. Not only is there the usual "kitten season" increased population.. This week they rescued 108 animals living in absolutely deplorable conditions from a "hobby breeder" with no breeder or kennel license. And earlier this month they rescued 71 animals from a horrendous hoarding situation. (I can't even begin to imagine the proper punishment for alleged-humans who perpetrate such despicable activities.) So they are looking desperately for adopters, also.

I am sending loving wishes and prayers that all of these precious creatures in your shelter and ours and all over the place get good homes.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Good gracious! When oh when will people get the spay/neuter message? I hope all the kittens find homes, of course.
    I've Been Frosted

It's so sad to see all these kitties in cages - but at least they are cared for now. Hopefully they will all find loving homes very soon.

It's amazing that so many people still haven't learned how important it is to spay/neuter. Showing people the photos of all the cats/dogs in cages ought to make a difference, and also teach the children in all schools about proper care of animals.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

As you all said, it is baffling how in this day and age people still won't spay and neuter.
    At times, this situation feels so desperate, but as long as there are educated and compassionate people out there, I'm still clinging to hope!

A quick update on the kitten avalanche:
    45 got adopted this week, and several were transferred to other rescues.

Blog Entries
    Hallelujah! Kittens with forever homes, couldn't be sweeter!!

That's some good news there, Heidi! All the best to all of them.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery