Thread: Grief for Poppy

Hybrid View

Grief for Poppy

I have been having a hard time the last few days with general feelings of sadness and fatigue. A social worker I saw yesterday morning told me she thinks it is my grief over Poppy's sudden loss catching up with me. I think she's right, and I have been trying to take it easy the last couple of days. I just lay down yesterday afternoon and semi-dozed off.

I do miss sweet Poppy very much. I keep thinking of her perching on my stomach for me to pet when I would lie down mid-days. What a dear, wonderful girl!

Thanks for reading...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

((((( HUGS to Meowmie and Sparkler too )))))

Dear Poppy, please purr to meowmie to give her comfort. She misses you very, very much.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sending Love~

Oh Pat... It's understandable, the the sadness and fatigue you're feeling. When caring for a seriously furkid, so much of our mental and physical energy goes into their care, so much so that you almost don't have time to contemplate the depth of the loss you know will come. But after saying our final goodbyes the reality slowly sinks in, their absence felt so acutely...not hearing their mews, not seeing them in their favorites spots. I know how much devotion and love you put into caring for precious Poppy. No kitty ever had a more devoted mom than you, Pat. Now you need to care for yourself, rest up, and hopefully in time those cherished memories will more often bring a smile to your face than a tear to your eye. And never forget, she's there with you, always.

(((HUGS))) and love to you, Sparkler and Angel Poppy~

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Pat, I am so sorry that you are having a hard time. Grief is such an unpredictable and seemingly cruel emotion, it will show up unexpectedly, and/or linger.
    It is important that you take care of yourself, but also allow yourself to grieve however long it takes.
    Poppy is there with you, and she will help you through those difficult times, and she will also remind you of all the unconditional love and joy you two shared.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Thank you so much, Elyse and Sandra and Heidi, for your kind and loving words and thoughts.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    So very sorry to hear the grief you are going through at this painful time. Wishing for your heart to heal and that gradually as most of us know, the pain lessens and becomes easier to bear. Please know, hearts go out to you in every way and for however long it lasts. So sorry again for your loss.