Thread: Elegant, Excellent Mr. Eko!

Elegant, Excellent Mr. Eko!

Dearest Mr. Eko, what a gorgeous kitty you are, a very handsome fellow! Your black fur with touches of white is so sleek and looks so soft, and what a sweet face you have with those lovely big golden eyes. Thank you for posting those great photos, which show you minding your bookstore so well. You are PURRRFECT in every one of them, a fine representative of Dark Star Books! I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Yellow Springs, OH to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You live at Dark Star Books, where you grew up. You are very mellow and love to be with your customers. Many people come in just to visit you! You are very calm and love the attention (except from the tiniest ones when they start to cry). You enjoy playing with your peacock feather and, even better, with dangling things from visitors' coats and purses. Sometimes you like to strike from behind the bookshelves. You spend much of the day sleeping in empty boxes or on piles of books, and then nights you look out the front door at all the life going by. You play nosies with dogs and cats that come to the door. You and your dear Purrrsons all love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled, and book-filled, home you share!

Congratulations, darling Mr. Eko, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrsons and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Hello, beautiful Mr. Eko in Ohio! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous black kitty you are! Your fur looks so shiny, plush and soft!

You are a busy fellow, minding the bookstore, being with customers, and playing with your peacock feather. You sometimes play with objects that dangle from customers' purses or coats, too! You nap in a box, or sometimes on a pile of books. Best of all, you are a loved kitty!

Happy Cat of the Day to stunning Mr. Eko!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    Aww, what's not to love about darling Mr. Eko man! I would totally stop by to say hello to him if I were in his neiborhood. What a lovely coat, just fine all around!!

Erudite Mr. Eko!

Greetings, Mr. Eko! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a sleek and shiny, oh so handsome ebony boy you are, Mr. Eko! I smiled from ear to ear, learning on your love for literature! And could it be your name is a take on the author, Umberto Eco? Inquiring minds want to know!

How lucky your human is, having a shop assistant as welcoming as you, someone to patrol the aisles and mind the cash register, keep the customers coming! I always make sure to frequent those shops who have a 4 legged mascot in residence, a kitty or doggie in the window! Sometimes *gasp* I actually come in just to visit with the furry one! You truly are one of a kind, Mr. Eko, beloved by all, and so very deserving of your big day in the spotlight!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you, being treated to all of those heart-melting photos, has made my afternoon a whole lot brighter! Hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day, napping in your favorite chair, atop a stack of books or the box of choosing; playing with your peacock feather and stealthily attacking those dangly things; being loved and pampered to pieces by your people and all of your adoring friends and fans! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Mr. Eko, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Erudite Mr. Eko at work!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Eko, what a handsome shorthair boy you are. You look so soft and shiny, and your face is so sweet.
    In this day and age, what better inspiration to pick up a book than a beautiful and smart kitty who will sit with you.
    You are the shopkeeper and you make sure everything is in order. You also like to play with "toys" that dangle from customers' coats and purses. Most of the day though, you spend sleeping, in true kitty fashion, so you can watch the world go by the front door at night.
    Eko, you are exceptional in every way, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

What a handsome shorthaired boy you are, Mr. Eko!

Concratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana