Thread: anyone have some advice ???

anyone have some advice ???

you see, my mutt(molly) is always tied up. my parents are divorced so molly lives w/ dad and i live w/ mom.dad will not let molly ever get off of the chain. i think that it is cruel because he will not let her inside the house at night.but my dad is a very kind person exept for one thing ... animals. dad thinks that they have no feelings and that they are meant to stay outdoors even when it is cold .what should i do ??? im waiting for a reply. -michelle

I'm going to leave this topic for KayAnn, and everybody else here that works at a Shelter, and has to deal with Animal Cruelty!!!

Kaitlyn (the human)
    Sadie & Rita (Forever in Our Hearts) (the Labbies)

You need to try to convince your dad to let you and your mom keep the dog. Either that or the dog should go to a no-kill shelter or a rescue group. At this point, almost anyplace will be better than where she is now. Keeping dogs on a chain (ESPECIALLY 24/7) will lead to aggression. Neglecting the dog and leaving her outside is bad enough, but add in the chain and it is just gut wrenching. Please, please, please get this dog out of that situation and please don't allow him to get another animal. I am sure he is a kind man, but if he doesn't understand animals, he shouldn't have one.
    Alyson
    Shiloh, Reece, Lolly, Skylar
    and fosters Snickers, Missy, Magic, Merlin, Maya

abc, how are things going? *sigh*

(just looking for an update.)(sorry i don't have any advice.)

Let nature guide your actions and you will never have to worry if you did the right thing. ~ crow_noir

The pet world excels where the human world is lacking; sterilization and adoption. ~ crow_noir

Please, if your dog is arthritic look into getting it Elk Velvet Antler. Look up my posts on it, PM me, or look it up on a search engine; but please if you love your dog and want it to live many more years consider this option. I've seen so many posts on here about dogs needlessly suffering. I can't make a new post about EVA every time so this plea is going here. EVA also helps with other ailments such as anemia.

i dont have any advice but i hope things getw orked out god bless

megan stewart

hey abc,
    what about just going over there and freeing the dog. What I am actually saying is that maybe you should just go over there and take him/her off the leash and keep the dog or give it to a good home. Or better yet, I had posted awhile back this story about pet owners not wanting to take care of their pets. I will post it above this one so you can read it and maybe you can copy it and print it up and give it to your dad and say that it's from all of you friends here at Pettalk and we are ganging up on him to surrender the dog or change his ways.
    Enough stated!! Wheeeewwwww.....
    Carla