Thread: Fair.

Blog Entries

Fair.

I went to the fair today in Cloverdale B. C. Guess what I did. Okay, you'll never guess so I'll tell you. I got to hold a 100 lb. boa constrictor. Yep, it was HUGE and I am pretty sure it was maybe heavier than me. I know because I wasn't really prepared for that kind of weight, solid muscle. I must weigh a good 100 to 110 but once that snake was wrapped around me I felt like....well, a tiny heurduerv actually. What a thrill. There were so many animals there and they were all well cared for so I could relax and enjoy everything. I'm very hyper aware if animals are in public places and not treated properly, wrecks me and I just need to leave. This was great!! All of the critters were treated brilliantly and were very healthy and cared for. This snake was enourmous. Just had to share as it was such a remarkable and excellent experience!!!!! I forgot to ask what his name was. Coulda been a lady snake maybe.

Did you have your picture taken, as a souvenir? I have a couple on my fridge, with boas around my neck, from previous fairs.
    I agree with you, one always has to be weary of how animals, displayed at fairs, are treated.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    No, forgot the phone and the camera. You are so right, nothing crushes me more than animal neglect or abuse. They were so well cared for, made everyone wash hands before and after, they had lots of fresh water and the caregivers monitored them and visitors very closely. It was impressive how they treated them. I went in a couple times. They were very diligent about cross contamination and there were so many animals, furry and reptillion. I washed my hands so many times but the cats could still smell them when we got home. Coulda been the horses, mighta been the cow, tee-hee. Lily and Mia were not impressed however 🙀 😸 Can't put much over those two. Best day ever.

Blog Entries
    P.s. They also made you donate at least 3$ if you wanted to touch them so they raised money for their care as well, smart.