Thread: Beautiful Biscuit!

Beautiful Biscuit!

This is one of my latest adoptions, Makin' Biscuits, who is about nine months old now (I have four other rescue adoptees). I foster and help transport cats for Maine Coon Rescue and I found this little one in a kill shelter in Columbia, SC in December. It took several weeks to get her out and she almost didn't make it. The person who pulled her for me said she immediately started "making biscuits" on her chest and would not go back into her cage. I drove to pick them up took her and another kitten in just after Christmas.

Makin' Biscuits had been abandoned in an apartment. When I got her. she had extreme anxiety from this and would go after my other cats. She immediately took me in as hers, and she didn't want to share me (at that point I just wanted her out of the house!). It took her a while to learn that she has a home for life and she relaxed and became a wonderful member of my herd. She still thinks I am hers and she thinks she runs my house. I have taken in five foster cats and she's learning that she is still safe with a home. She is a wonderful cat - and thinks she is quite photogenic!

Biscuit has had to learn to be a "good" kitty - no biting. She tries very hard to do what I say, and she will look me right in the eyes when I tell her what she is doing is not allowed, and then she licks my hand and tries to be a good kitten, starts purring and then takes off for some fun.

She loves me with abandon and lives life to the fullest. If I happen to leave toilet paper out, she considerately decorates my bathroom! She hides my pens so I can play "let's go find." One day she got shut in my closet and she must have had a grand day moving all of my 75 sweaters from the shelves high up to the floor - she looked quite happy when I found her that night. The best part of the day is when Biscuit has me in bed and she lays up next to me and stretches out with enjoyment ... and snores.
    Hello, beautiful Biscuit! Happy Cat of the Day!

I smiled when I read about how you were rescued, and how you came to your forever home and joined a family of four other kitties! (Does that make a clowder? ) You are getting used to being part of the family, having a forever home, and especially being a loved girl! As far as you're concerned, you run the house. I wonder what your four kitty house mates think about that!

You are a busy girl - playing hide and seek with pens, and using your interior decorating skills to redesign the bathroom! You are a camera star for sure - what a gorgeous girl!

You are a beautiful girl, too- with your plush, fluffy coat and your sweet face! I would be happy to pet you, or to help you play with your favorite toy! (My kitty used to enjoy swatting pencils or pens off of the table, to have me pick them up so she could smack them away again!) You snuggle with your person at night, giving your special company PURR-fect!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to sweet, yummy Biscuit! Love and hugs to your kitty-siblings, too!
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 05-14-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Biscuit, a.k.a. Makin' Biscuits, what an utterly adorable young Maine Coon lady you are! You are so cute with that fluffy furry coat and that sweet face with the pretty pink nose and the lovely big eyes so full of that look of mischief and delight. Thank you for sharing all those great photos with us! They show off your energy and your Purrrsonality so well. I wish I could reach through the screen and down to Lebanon, TN to pet you, and pet your four rescue-kitty housemates, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Meowmie will pet you all for me .

And what a wonderful story you have to tell! Your dear Meowmie fosters and helps transport cats for Maine Coon Rescue, and we thank her for all that fine work that saves so many kitties. She found you in a kill shelter, and she almost wasn't able to get you out in time. But she did, and then she took you and another kitten home for Christmas. At first you suffered from extreme anxiety and didn't want to share her with the other kitties. Over time you have mellowed out, and now you live life to the fullest and love Meowmie with abandon. You've learned to be a good kitty, no biting. You decorate the bathroom with any toilet paper left out, you hide Meowmie's pens for her to play "let's go find." You and she and your other rescued kitty housemates all love each other dearly, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Biscuit, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and dear Meowmie and kitty housemates and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Biscuit!

What an adorable girl you are! Your fluffy coat is so beautiful and you have the sweetest face with a pink nose and eyes that spell mischief.

I’m so sorry you were abandoned in an apartment, you must have been so scared. But luckily a nice person pulled you from the kill shelter you had gone to, and your mom came to get you, and you joined a family of four other kitties! How sweet that you try so hard to be a good kitty, I’m sure your mom loves you.

You are now an important part of the family, and as far as you're concerned, you run the house, and you even decorate the bathroom when you have a chance.

Enjoy a day of fun and celebration, play with your kitty friends, and get pampered with yummy treats and lots of love. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetheart!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Blog Entries
    Biscuit is beyond cute and sweet! Great she has a loving family with giant hearts now and always ❤️

Dear Biscuit, what a beautiful Maine Coon girl you are. You look so soft in all of your fluffiness, and your face is incredibly sweet with those big green eyes and your pink nose.
    I am so glad that, after a rough start in life, you found your forever home. It is beyond me how anybody could treat any animal like that.
    Of course you were traumatized after this experience and it took you a little while to feel completely comfortable at your forever home. But now you have come out of your shell, and you have become even a little mischievous. You decorate with toilet paper, and when you got locked into the closet, you had fun all day re-arranging mom's sweaters.
    Biscuit, aka Makin' Biscuits, you are a most precious girl, and I wish you, your kitty siblings and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Beautiful Biscuit!

Greetings, Biscuit! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a stunning, long haired beauty you are, Biscuit! Kudos to whomever took your feature photo! You definitely are model material!

I so enjoyed reading your human's heartwarming, rags to riches rescue story! You had the most horrific start at life, and shame on that evil person who abandoned you! Thankfully your hero rescuer mom/dad found her/his way to you, before the unspeakable, and the rest is happy history! After a bit of settling in, learning the ropes and the do's and don'ts, hehe, you've taken your rightful place in the pack, or as you would describe your role, Queen of the Household!

Endless thanks to your human for her/his dedication to rescue and fostering, assuring that so many deserving kitties, ones such as yourself, will forever and always be loved and cherished! And how lucky is your human, having been chosen by you to be your one and only! She/he is one lucky soul, having a furkid as special as you, being the recipient of such unwavering love and devotion! What a heavenly match!

Thanks for the BIG end of the day smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you, seeing all of your utterly squee worthy, heart-melting photos, has been a real treat! Hope you're enjoying a very special, fun filled Cat of the Day celebration...decorating the bathroom and hiding pens, hehe, and tonight, cuddling with your human on the big bed, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Biscuit, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to all of your furry fosters and siblings, too!

Be still my heart!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

What a beautiful Maine Coone kitty you are Beautiful Biscuit!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana