Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cancer

Blog Entries
    So great to hear from your fabulous brave self! You are doing beautifully, wishing you everything sweet and lovely.

Saying prayers and sending positive thoughts! (((HUGS))))
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I start chemotherapy on July 31. I will have 6 rounds. Finished by Christmas. Then comes radiation. I will lose my long hair. I've scheduled a hair appointment for July 28th to have it cut short and say goodbye to my locks on my terms. I'm scared, nervous and determined not to let this get the better of me.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Get the rest you need and prepare what you can. It's a good idea to have your hair cut short.

Although the treatment will be tough, I'm glad you're determined to get though this... and you WILL! I send you lots of comfort, good wishes and love.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I had a shave my head party with my closest friends and a fair amount of wine I was ok with the loss of my hair, losing my eyelashes and eyebrows freaked me out as it seemed to make me lose all color in my face...I compared myself to a naked mole rat keep a positive attitude but allow yourself to process things...a very good friend told me to schedule my meltdowns...allowing time to fall apart was important. Also important, let people help you! You can do this!!!

We are sending you loads of love and comfort and good wishes and warm healing energies, Gayle. You have friends around the world here on your side! We all know you can do this and you will get through it.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

You have made it so far. Your strength and determination will get you through this!
    As Pat said, you are surrounded by friends from all over the world.
    Sending all the best and healing thoughts.
    Heidi
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Best wishes and healing thoughts coming to you from Switzerland. Take care.

Hugs. One thing at a time - although they are huge things.

There are cancer support groups. The friends I have who attend them find them absolutely wonderful.

I suggest you look through the Wellspring website if you haven't done so already.

https://wellspringcalgary.ca/
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Blog Entries
    Just sending kind wishes and comforting thoughts to you as you go through this challenging and scary journey. We are all rooting for you and just know we have faith in you and are all here, all in, and on your side! You will do beautifully I'm sure.

Thank you all for your continued support.

Today is my pre chemo appointment at 9 am. I start 2 of the medications today. As if my stress over this isn't enough, my fiance has now banished me to the spare bedroom. I just don't know what to do with this.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh, Gayle, big hugs for you...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Sending you all the best, so sorry your feelings are hurt about the spare bedroom issue??? I cannot fathom what his reasoning is but he must believe he has one. Maybe you will rest better if he snores. Maybe he can go to the spare bedroom ❤️ Maybe he can go to, oh never mind. Take care of yourself first no matter what, you deserve the best, always.

There are times when it is best for patient and loved on to sleep apart, especially when radiation is involved. Also, you immune system is about to be knocked down to zero, and he worries about accidentally infecting you somehow?

Have been both radioactive and a cancer patient and the spouse of one, myriad possibilities come to mind.

You will both be in our prayers.
    I've Been Frosted

You certainly don't need additional worry and stress in your life.
    I wish you all the strength to deal with everything that comes your way!
    Sending healing thoughts and love.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)