Page 6 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cancer

Thank you all for your continued support. Today is the day. My breakfast is a big slice of pumpkin pie, my very favorite thing!

Cali and Diego have been great fur nurses thru this so far. Love them so much.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

YUM!!!

And how comforting that must be for you to have such a great nursing staff looking after you!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Breakfast of Champions! I sure hope everything went well and it is not as scary after the first day! I'm glad your loving kitties are there for you too.❤️

Home, first treatment done, 5 more to go. Had no issues, no problems. Feel fine right now. Next one is August 21.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Well done, Gayle! And now you are home in the hands, or paws, of your expert nursing staff!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    So very glad today went so well! You are doing great!!

Just checking in to see how you are feeling......

Quote Originally Posted by Trinityagain View Post
    Just checking in to see how you are feeling......
    Thank you for checking in.

I've not been feeling so great, but not as bad as could be. The carboplatin they gave me has affected my ears, they hurt far worse than the worst strep throat ever. It took 3 days for the pain to stop, now I'm left with ringing that does not stop. I'm now hay feverish, not sure why. Reported this to the oncologists nurse. I'm not as fatigued as I thought I might be, so that's a bonus. Also no nausea or vomiting.

My head shave is booked for Monday, August 13th.

5 more treatments and I'm done.

I'm sorry to hear you are not feeling so great, but I guess that is to be expected. Sending lots of love, hugs and healing energy your way!

It's a good day to have your head shaved... the moon is on the rise then. They say, never have a haircut when the moon is waning, or you will regret.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dear Gayle, I'm sorry to hear you aren't feeling that great, but I'm glad it's not as bad as it could be. I hope the ear-ringing stops and you get over the hay fever feeling soon!

Loads of {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    Death thought about it.

Sorry you aren't feeling great!

Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries
    Hate that you are feeling poorly. My mother in law is here on holiday and has had cancer 3 times. Twice with breast cancer, but is now in her late 70's and has been cancer free for 6 yrs. now. I asked her if she had any tips on getting through the side effects of chemo and she highly suggests that you Google Essiac Tea, swears that it helped her tremendously. She also said CBD oil is suppose to be very helpful but has no experience using it personally as she did not know of it at the time. Anyway, you might benefit from the Essiac tea, it is available in Canada and she got hers at health food stores on Vancouver Island. I am not sure if this helps but I sure am wishing you well and hope you are feeling better soon. p.s. Please don't worry about your hair, I'll bet you'll look fabulous.

Thank you Mon for asking your MIL for tips for me. I had actually just been reading about the Essiac tea, so it's good to know that someone used it and found it helpful. I'm on the wait list for CBD oil from Hempworks, theirs is pure with no THC.

Have found that diaper rash cream is really good for my sore nose. Had a few nose bleeds and several very sore spots. Never even thought of losing my nose hair, without it come a whole host of aggrevations.

Going into what is considered my good week. When you start to feel better because the chemo is mostly out of your system. Next treatment is August 21.

Head shave is tomorrow, Monday, afternoon.

You are incredibly brave and strong, Gayle. I hope that you get to relax, going into your chemo-free week.
    Sending more healing thoughts and love!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Blog Entries
    I hope you are feeling a bit better. I'm sure you aren't looking forward to getting your head shaved tommorrow but guess it's best, wish ya didn't hafta. It willl grow back, pretty as ever. You sound very positive, that's good. We're here for you, high or low, that's for sure. Definately want to help you keep your spirits up🤓😎😀😻