Page 1 of 14 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Cancer

Cancer

PT family,

It is with much sadness that I tell you that I have breast cancer. I await a call from the cancer centre to begin the process of fighting for my life. Cali and Diego still need their Meowmie.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Gayle, I am so very sorry for this awful news. I can't even imagine how you must feel right now.
    You will have the strength and courage to stand up to cancer, and you have a wonderful support group here at Pet Talk, and Cali and Diego will be right by your side.
    Sending love and best wishes!
    Heidi
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Gayle, I am so very sorry for this awful news. I can't even imagine how you must feel right now.
    You will have the strength and courage to stand up to cancer, and you have a wonderful support group here at Pet Talk, and Cali and Diego will be right by your side.
    Sending love and best wishes!
    Heidi
    I am sending love and best wishes, too!
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Oh, Gayle. I am so sorry. The cats and I are sending along loads of love and good wishes and warm strengthening energies to you, too!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Poppy and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

You are in my Prayers!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I send you best wishes and great strength for the future.

Oh, Gayle - what scary news, but we know many, many breast cancer survivors, including several - but not limited to - Pet Talk people. You will be in our prayers for certain. Let us know if there is anything we can do, of course!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    So glad you shared this with us. You never know if someone can help somehow. I wish this were not true but I know my cousin just got through testicular cancer and bowel cancer last year. He has a 7 yr. old and is 45. He is in remission.My Mother in law had breast cancer twice and ovarian cancer and is now a very healthy 72 yr. old. I know you are probably not that interested in a whole bunch of survivor stories about strangers you've never met. This is about you and I am sorry you have to take this journey, I have a lot of faith that you will be just fine. 💕 ❤️ Your kitties sure do need you 😻

Gayle, I'm sending you lots of good wishes and strength to get through this. Like you say, Cali and Diego need you.

Try to stay positive and live healthy.

(((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Lots of prayers and wishes for the best possible outcome for you. The world needs your special light.
    No matter what anyone does, someone some where will be offended some how!!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    MY BLESSINGS:
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Grandma (RB), Chester, Angel, Chip

Leonardo (RB), Luke (RB), Winnie, Chuck,

Frankie

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    WHERE YOU ARE IS WHERE YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO BE!!!
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you for your kind words and support. I have an appointment with the surgeon at the Women's Health Centre on May 15 at 10 am. This is scary.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Gayle, my mom went through this when she was 81. Age doesn't matter, but in our experience the whole process went so quickly it was almost a blur.

I hope your surgeon is Lafreniere. He is excellent and has a wonderful "bedside" manner. But there are other wonderful surgeons here.

Do ask for some home care for your first few days home.

A couple of days before Mom's surgery they marked the sentinel lymph nodes. During surgery several of those nodes were excised, sent to pathology. If they are negative for cancer then they are not removed. If they are, then a bunch of lymph nodes go. This saves a second possible surgery.

Please message me if you want me there to hold your hand, bring you Popsicles, buy cat food, bring something to the hospital that you forgot to buy.

Most important: buy a pair of comfy and effective ear plugs. You'll sleep much better in the hospital if you do!

Hugs.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Today I meet the surgeon. I'm hoping he has a plan in place to save my life.

Tell him we insist on it! You are too important to lose!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Today I meet the surgeon. I'm hoping he has a plan in place to save my life.
    This is the only plan he needs to have!
    Positive thoughts are on the way.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)