Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cancer

I'll be glad to get round 6 done. Round 5 was pretty easy, only one day of nausea. But it started the loss of my eyebrows, they are a mere shadow of themselves now. It also caused a lot of twitches in the nerves in and around my eyes as well as vision problems. The docetaxal chemo causes fluid build up in the body, I see it in my feet, my torso and apparently behind my eyes. I'm looking forward to having the side effects diminish and hopefully go away. I can't wait to have hair on my head again. With winter upon us, it's snowing as I write, I find my head, without hair, gets damn cold!!

Thanks all for your continued support, I TRULY appreciate each and every one of you. 💖💖💖
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

You are doing a fantastic job, Gayle! I'm so glad to see how well you are dealing with all this .

We're with you all the way!

Loads more {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Way to go, Gayle! I hope that the side effects are getting less and less every day.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I totally understand the fluid issue...I celebrated the day I actually had ankles again you will get thru this and get back to a state of "normal"...I promise!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinityagain View Post
    I totally understand the fluid issue...I celebrated the day I actually had ankles again you will get thru this and get back to a state of "normal"...I promise!
    Thank you for your comment about the fluid issue. Feeling really uncomfortable and alone in my struggle. I can't wait to get back to normal - I know it won't be exactly as before, but really close would be good.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Blog Entries
    Sure hope you are going to be feeling better ASAP. It must feel like a very long journey but it is good to know that you reach out and even though you might feel alone in this, NO way that you are. You're doing everything right and being positive. You have done beautifully and been so honest and brave. Sending all the very best and loving wishes to you❤️💕 Huge bear hugs 🌹

Just checking in again for an update...hope things are going well! lots of hugs coming your way!

Quote Originally Posted by Trinityagain View Post
    Just checking in again for an update...hope things are going well! lots of hugs coming your way!
    Thank you!

I had my 6th and last round of chemo on November 13th. Dealing with the usual side effects. Be so glad when they go away for good. On November 23rd I met with the radiation doctor. He told me that the pathology report showed that my margins were NOT clear. This was news to me as the surgeon told me they were clear. I had to go back to the surgeon on November 26, to see if I required a second surgery. He told me that I'm too skinny, that he'd have to cut into skin and muscle to take wider margins. So no second surgery. This means I will have 16 rounds of radiation, followed by 4 rounds of boost radiation directed at the tumor bed.

Get a bottle of aloe, after burn type stuff. I had some mild "sunburn" after my radiation and that works just fine to take care of it. It took me about 15 minutes to walk to the hospital where they did the radiation and the treatment itself? Oh maybe 3 minutes They had music playing and it would work out to just about 1.5 songs.

You got this...HUGS!!!!!:

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Thank you!

I had my 6th and last round of chemo on November 13th. Dealing with the usual side effects. Be so glad when they go away for good. On November 23rd I met with the radiation doctor. He told me that the pathology report showed that my margins were NOT clear. This was news to me as the surgeon told me they were clear. I had to go back to the surgeon on November 26, to see if I required a second surgery. He told me that I'm too skinny, that he'd have to cut into skin and muscle to take wider margins. So no second surgery. This means I will have 16 rounds of radiation, followed by 4 rounds of boost radiation directed at the tumor bed.
    Dang - well, annoying but worth it in the long run. Love you, lady, we're here for you with all this!
    I've Been Frosted

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    Thank you!

I am sorry to read you aren't done with this yet, but sounds like you are getting there and coming back strong. Please keep us updated!

I had my first treatment with only Herceptin on Tuesday. It seemed to go well, but last night the side effects started. I was cold and had a very sore throat. Today I still have the sore throat, I'm still cold, my nose is runny and I'm sneezing, my back hurts and I've a bit of a headache. All listed on the list of potential side effects. So long as I don't get the nausea/vomiting I guess I'll be ok. I guess a lot of this was controlled by the steroids they gave me during chemo, now that I'm not getting those I'm getting the whole spectrum if side effects.

On Monday they started me on Tamoxifen. I take one pill a day, at the same time every day. I'll be on this for the next 5-10 years.

Hoping to hear about radiation soon, would like to get at least their preliminary CT scan/mapping done in 2018.

Cali and Diego are still looking after their meowmie. Both took to the task of keeping me warm last night. I don't know how I'd get thru this without them!

Dear Gayle, I'm so sorry you are experiencing all these unpleasant side-effects. You are so very strong, and you're doing a fabulous job making your way through all these treatment procedures.

We are sending along loads of good wishes and warm healing energies and love to you. We're so glad you have Cali and Diego on the job taking such good care of you!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you so much Pat and Sparkler!!

I found out late this afternoon that I'll be having the CT scan and radiation mapping on Tuesday next week. Actual radiation treatment likely to start on Boxing Day.

Ah well, the sooner we start the sooner it's over.

Blog Entries
    So good to hear from you, been wishing you the best and it sounds like you are doing everything you can and need to do. I sure wish your side affects were minimal, we are all rooting for you every step of the way and are in awe of your courage and strength. Big hugs, happy holidays to you and yours!