Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: Cancer

Blog Entries
    Always great to hear from you! Wishing you all the best every step!

Yay! Glad the tests were clear! I hope the worst is over for you now and you just keep rocking it!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Hey there...just checking in to see how you are doing?

Quote Originally Posted by Trinityagain View Post
    Hey there...just checking in to see how you are doing?
    I am doing alright. Had been having middle of the night leg pain so was sent for an ultrasound to see if I had blood clots in my legs. I do NOT. The Tamoxifen they have me on can cause clots, so glad they were quick to check me out. All of the treatments I have endured can cause muscle pain and that it likely what I am experiencing now. My hair is starting to come back, I had a trim a couple of weeks ago. I will have my first mammogram early April, then we'll know how things really are. My skin healed from radiation, no blisters, thank goodness. I continue to go to the hospital every 3 weeks for my Herceptin infusion, this will continue until July/August, it's a one year program. I am cold all the time now, except for the "super hot flashes" that the Tamoxifen brings - they are wayyyy worse than the natural ones. I actually feel like I could spontaneously combust! I think I'll feel better when I get the "all clear" after my mammogram - I hope that's what I get. Then I can really begin to live my new normal.

Thank you for checking in with me.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Quote Originally Posted by Queen of Poop View Post
    I am doing alright. Had been having middle of the night leg pain so was sent for an ultrasound to see if I had blood clots in my legs. I do NOT. The Tamoxifen they have me on can cause clots, so glad they were quick to check me out. All of the treatments I have endured can cause muscle pain and that it likely what I am experiencing now. My hair is starting to come back, I had a trim a couple of weeks ago. I will have my first mammogram early April, then we'll know how things really are. My skin healed from radiation, no blisters, thank goodness. I continue to go to the hospital every 3 weeks for my Herceptin infusion, this will continue until July/August, it's a one year program. I am cold all the time now, except for the "super hot flashes" that the Tamoxifen brings - they are wayyyy worse than the natural ones. I actually feel like I could spontaneously combust! I think I'll feel better when I get the "all clear" after my mammogram - I hope that's what I get. Then I can really begin to live my new normal.

Thank you for checking in with me.
    We are still praying for more positive outcoms! So glad you didn't end up with blisters -- so painful and dangerous. Keep us posted, and sending you gentle hugs!
    I've Been Frosted

Wishing you the very best, and continued healing and positive spirit!
    I can imagine that you are on pins and needles waiting for the mammogram.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Thanks for the update, Gayle. This sounds promising! (I bet the excellent care you are getting from your two nurses has something to do with this .) I'm glad you didn't wind up with blisters.

You're so strong! You've been working so very hard and doing a fantastic job. We're sending along continuing hopes and prayers and good wishes and positive energies.

More {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Galaxy and Sparkler and Pat
    Last edited by phesina; 03-05-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    So good to hear from you! Sending all the best wishes and positive thoughts. Your the best!

Congrats on the new hair! I hope your new normal is here very soon!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Today I will be having my first mammogram following treatment. Will find out if this adventure has been a worthwhile effort. I sure hope so.

I continue with the Herceptin every 3 weeks until July.

The tamoxifen is a 5 year plan, after about 2 months of taking it I started having serious leg pain, that has now developed into leg, foot and hand pain - my bones hurt as they are being deprived of estrogen. So at least I know that the Tamixofen is actually doing what it is supposed to.
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

I wish you all the best. Good luck.

Best wishes, Gayle! We're thinking of you and sending along loads of love and strong warm energies. You are doing a fabulous job with all of this!

from Sparkler, Galaxy, and Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Wishing you the very best, and hoping for a negative mammogram result.
    You have done so well on this journey, keeping up your positive spirit!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Please keep us updated on your progress, Gayle!

I just wanted to let everyone know that I met with the oncologist this morning. She told me that my mammogram was CLEAR!! No cancer!!

Thank you all for your support this past year.