Thread: Sensational Scooter!

Sensational Scooter!

Dearest Scooter, what a gorgeous guy you are! You are an absolutely stunning example of a Siamese/Maine Coon cross kitty, with that long, fluffy, colorful fur that looks so soft, and the sweet face with that black "mustache" and those lovely big eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us! You are adorable in both of them. In that one of you on your back, are you asking for a tummy rub? I wish I could reach through the screen and over to British Columbia to rub that tum (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you. I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will rub your tummy (only if you want it rubbed, of course) and pet you for me .

And what a wonderful story you have to tell! Your dear Purrrson adopted you from a local classified site after falling in love with you on the first visit. The previous owner didn't tell her/him that you were very sick, but after a vet visit you were diagnosed with Feline Diabetes and hyperglycemia. Your wonderful Purrrson started taking care of you properly right away, and God bless her/him for doing so and not just giving you up! Now you are doing just great, and you are, as he/she says, ".. the best companion I could have ever asked for - full of personality, intelligent and affectionate - but not clingy or needy." You stay nearby as much as possible. You also enjoy sitting in the window to watch cars go by. You love catnip, and you'll be getting it home-grown later this year! You know your diabetes treatment routine and will find your Purrrson and meow when it's shot time. You and he/she love each other dearly, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Scooter, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

He is the best companion I could have ever asked for - full of personality, intelligent and affectionate - but not clingy or needy. He is always in the same room as me, and sleeps on his back beside me on the couch, or on my feet in bed. He loves to sit in the window sill and watch all the cars go by. He also loves catnip, and we plan to grow our own plants in the garden this year for him.
    Hello, stunning Scooter in British Columbia, Canada! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous kitty you are! I like your sweet face and your soft, fluffy fur! Your coat looks so smooth and soft to pet! I too am sending you a gentle tummy-rub for your special day!

You have lots to do each day- staying close by your person, sitting in the window and observing all that's happening! You and your person have a routine to manage your diabetes. You also love catnip and your person plans to start fresh plants for you! What fun!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Scooter!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Stunning Scooter!

Hi Scooter! Happy Cat of the Day to you, from me and my "sugar" kitty, Mollie!

What a breathtakingly beautiful boy you are, Scooter! Your blend of Siamese and Maine Coon is stunning! But as beautiful as you are on the outside, what has truly moved me is your backstory, learning how bravely you (and your human) have taken on the challenge of feline diabetes!

Having been mom to two diabetic kitties over the years, I know how challenging a condition it can be. But thankfully, with the help of a low carb diet and those daily doses of insulin, the support and unwavering devotion of your mom/dad, you're thriving! Thank goodness your former family decided to re-home you when they did, that your furever family found their way to you in time, and the rest is happy history!

Although I adopted him as an adult, and was not expecting to learn much from him, as I had owned cats for many years. He has taught me so much, though, and has left a huge imprint on my heart. His disease has created an incredible bond between us that I have never experienced with any other cat before. I am so glad we found him when we did, and I'm sure he feels the same way.
    What a beautiful family is yours, Scooter, how blessed you are to have one another to love and lean on...best friends for life! You truly are one brave, beautiful boy, Scooter, and so very deserving of your Cat of the Day honors!

Many thanks to your human for sharing your heartwarming, life affirming story with us giving us the pleasure of honoring you here today! I hope you're enjoying a very special Cat of the Day celebration...sitting on your windowsill watching the world go by, imbibing in a bit of catnip, cuddling with your family, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, beautiful Scooter, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Belly rubs!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Scooter, what a handsome boy you are. Your Siamese and Maine Coon coat is absolutely stunning and soft looking, and your face with those cute markings is so sweet.
    It must have been fate that your person looked at the classifieds in 2011. I'm convinced it saved your life.
    You started receiving the care and treatment you so desperately needed. Your insulin shots have become routine, you even know when it's time for the next one.
    Your and your human have become inseparable, and you share an unbreakable bond for life.
    Scooter, you are indeed sensational, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, beautiful Scooter!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Scooter!

What a handsome Siamese/Maine Coon you are! Your fluffy coat has such a beautiful warm brown and a soft white chest - and look at that black stripe down your nose, and you have beautiful big green eyes.

I’m so glad you found a new mom who knows how to care for you properly and give you the love you deserve. Your previous family certainly didn’t. You needed treatment for your diabetes, which you now get, and you feel so much better.

You have lots of personality and affection for you mom and you have a very close bond. She could not wish for a sweeter companion.

Enjoy a day of celebration and lots of attention and loving. I send you kisses and wish you good heath, love and happiness for the rest of your life!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.