Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Angel Poppy - was My Poppy has cancer

I wonder if she'd like the Mirtazapine dissolved in chicken broth! (I wonder if chicken broth would interact badly with the Mirtazapine...)

Sparkler comes out to get her Gabapentin-in-chicken-broth squirts!
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Tonight Poppy ate a little from a can of something called "Weruva Cats in the Kitchen La Isla Bonita Mackerel and Shrimp Recipe Au Jus" ...after turning up her nose at several other offerings.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Poppy didn't eat anything yesterday. She stayed hidden a lot of the day. Came out in the evening. I gave her her steroid squirt in case it might make her more comfortable. Shortly afterwards she threw up some orangey liquid. I thought she was spitting up the med, but it was not the same color. This morning I found she'd spit up some more of that liquid.

We are going to the vet's pretty soon. I think it's time.

I love you, Poppy. Thank you so much for being with me, sharing your beautiful self with me.

Death thought about it.

I'm so very sorry Pat. I know you are doing everything you can to keep her comfortable.

As hard as it is, perhaps it's time to say goodbye and not let her suffer - I think she will let you know.

You and Poppy are in my thoughts - I send love, comfort and big ((((hugs))))
    Last edited by Randi; 05-12-2018 at 12:44 PM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so sorry, Pat! You will know when the time is right, and so will Poppy!
    Love and comforting thoughts to both of you
    Heidi and the kitties.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Thank you, Randi and Heidi. Poppy is an Angel now.

The vet said she was badly dehydrated and had been spitting up blood. She was swollen up from that liquid in her abdomen, and her breathing was getting a bit off.

I feel so guilty, I should have brought her home for another day? But I couldn't see her going through another day of probably spitting up more blood and not eating.

I love you so much, Poppy.
    Last edited by phesina; 05-12-2018 at 03:43 PM.
    Death thought about it.

Pat, please don't feel quilty that you let her go. I think she hung on only for your sake. She is now at peace and you were there for her until the end. I know how badly you will miss her, but this was best for Poppy. You are the best mom she could have wished for!

Dear sweet Poppy, have a good rest at the Rainbow Bridge, and then go find your new friends... cats and humans. You are a precious angel now, but your mom will keep you in her heart forever.

You're in my thoughts, dear Pat... sending lots of love and (((hugs)))

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you, Randi. I held her as we said goodbye to each other.
    Last edited by phesina; 05-12-2018 at 07:42 PM.
    Death thought about it.

I am very sorry Pat. Dearest Poppy is at rest now, being a beautiful Angel at Rainbow bridge.

Angel Poppy~

I had a feeling when you sent me your email yesterday that this was about to be, or had already happened. Couldn't sleep, thinking of you and Poppy. I'm so, so very sorry, Pat. You did all that you possibly could, and in the end, did the only right thing for your precious Poppy, as hard as that was. She was so lucky to have you as her mom, Pat. Run and play happily at the Rainbow Bridge, precious Poppy. You've earned your angel wings.

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

I am so sorry.

Poppy will be a wonderful Angel kitty.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Thank you, Prathima and Sandra and Gayle.

from Sparkler and Pat and Poppy Angel.
    Last edited by phesina; 05-13-2018 at 10:12 AM.
    Death thought about it.

OMG Pat, I only found out now that your beloved Poppy was so sick....
    It is so very hard to see how your dearest pet is getting worse every day, and nothing can be done ......
    Please don't feel guilty for helping Poppy to cross the Bridge....! This life on earth wasn't comfortable for her anymore, and letting her go was the best and in fact only thing you could do for her...
    I'm all in tears now, since this is bringing back memories about my Zazou's passing 5 weeks ago........`

I 'm sending your lots of dear hugs to you

RIP diarest Poppy!! Be sure to look for my Zazou, she is pretty new there too. Please tell her we miss her terribly
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Pat, I'm in tears right now. You definitely made the right decision. Poppy was in bad shape, and you helped her out by not letting her suffer another day.
    It was most selfless of you, and it shows how much you loved Poppy.
    Precious Poppy, you are healthy now and painfree at the Rainbow Bridge. Watch over your meowmie who loves you so very much, You will always be in her heart.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I am so sorry, Pat. I know you did your very best for her and she did the same. You know that saying about "If love could have saved you, you would have lived forever".

Hugs. There is a hole in your home now, as there was in mine. They heal, and we always have our memories to help us.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda