Thread: Mr. Spunky

Mr. Spunky

On May 10, 2017, Mr Spunky passed on to the Bridge while I was at work. He was almost 16 years years old.

He had been sick for a few months and had a dental surgery the month before. He seemed his same old spunky self. Then he started having what looked like seizures, but the vet suspected he was throwing clots. There was nothing to be done. This lasted a few days. I would hold him in my arms, and he would give me a look that was asking me to fix him. And I couldn't.

I had to go to work that day so I could pay for the Euthanasia, but when I got home he had passed. He's buried in a friend's garden, among her other kitties she has saved.

I will always remember you, my Spunky cat, the Spunkmeister, aka Lovable Punk@$$. I know you are annoying Samwise and Emily at the Bridge.

Last edited by mrspunkysmom; 04-14-2018 at 02:49 PM. Reason: add picture
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)

I am very sorry about Mr. Spunky! He couldn't have asked for a more loving and caring mom.
    Be your old spunky self at the Rainbow Bridge, and keep watching over your mom!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Aww, he was such a long=standing member of Pet Talk, that he all always be part of the community. Rest in peace, handsome boy.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry. He will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I love his picture, what a handsome boy!
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

I am so very sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and all who love Mr. Spunky and grieve him and will miss him. What a wonderful long life you and he all shared! May your precious memories and keepsakes help to comfort you.

What a beautiful boy you were and are, Mr. Spunky, now a glorious Angel whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge. Your Meowmie loves and misses you very much. Please send some Angelic purrrs to her heart to remind her that love is eternal, you are with her always, and you and Samwise and Emily will all be together again, One Fine Day...

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery