Thread: Lovely Lily!

Lily

Name:  12d.jpg
Views: 102
Size:  210.9 KB

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day.
    What a beautiful girl with those long legs.
    You have a wonderful life and now can
    enjoy your golden years.
    Celebrate your special day.

Lovely Lily!

Greetings, Lily! Happy Dog of the Day!

What a gorgeous girl you are, Lily...so sleek and slender, with the most fetching figure and beautiful buff colored coat! But oh, those BIG brown eyes of yours are total heart-melters!

I came to know and love your breed while helping out a friend at her boarding kennel, and couldn't agree more with your human. You Whippets are truly special, inside and out: beautiful in looks, so athletic with energy to spare, just as sweet and loving as can be...and "clean," hehe! How lucky your family is, having been blessed with a Whippet furkid as beautiful and loving, as special as you, Lily, and no doubt all of your Whippet predecessors were all extra special as well! Your humans truly are Whippet lovers for life, and for good reason. Like Lay's potato chips, you kids are irresistible; hard to stop at just one!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you today, having the pleasure of poring over your heart-melting photos, has made my morning! Hope you enjoy a very special Dog of the Day celebration...curling up on your couch taking a nice, long nap, cuddling with your humans, being loved and pampered to pieces! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, precious Lily, our very special and most deserving Dog of the Day, EVERY!

Heart-melting!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Lily is our fifth whippet, and we wouldn't want to be without one. Whippets are clean and very affectionate, and they curl up in lovely poses. Their ears are soft and fold back, making intricate curves.

Our house is next to a harbor, which is full of boats in the summer. But Lily has never been on a boat and hates the water. When we go on a walk she skirts around the puddles or leaps over them. She has never had a bath but grooms herself carefully by licking her paws and rubbing her fur. Her coat is short and never sheds.

When she was younger she used to race around our back yard in circles, churning up bits of grass on the tight turns. She is amazingly fast but doesn't need to exercise very often. Now that she is almost 14, she rests much of the time in the most comfortable places she can find. If it is chilly at night she creeps into our bed between us under the blanket. No home should be without a whippet!
    Hello, Lily! Happy Dog of the Day to you!

I agree completely with my friend tatsxxx11 about your heart-melting brown eyes, your light colored coat and your long legs! What a lovely girl! I smiled when I read about how you place yourself in lovely poses to enjoy resting in comfortable places! You sleep in the big bed, even under the blanket, when it is chilly! I don't know a lot about whippets, but I know your breed is intelligent and affectionate! I hope you are having a very special day, and that your people will give you some extra petting and a big hug for me!

Congratulations, Lily on being our very special Dog of the Day!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Blog Entries
    Lily's sure is beautiful. What a wonderful tribute to her and all whippets, I would love to have one some day. So happy that Lily is DOTD!

Congratulations on being Dog of the Day, beautiful Lily!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana