Thread: Big Head

Big Head

Big Head crossed the Rainbow Bridge yesterday afternoon. Big Head was one of 7 feral cats I was lucky enough to trap and fix in 2013/2014. He went missing in 2016; I think there is another food source nearby as MomCat and Stripey also went missing around the same time. Lo and behold, in 2017, I go out on patio to feed Terrorist (shredded patio screen door when he was little) and Black Kitty, the only 2 who stayed around, and Big Head is sitting on the railing. What a surprise. He meowed over and over at me. Over the last few months Big Head lost quite a bit of weight. Recently, his eye became infected as well and despite having an appetite he was a mere shell of his former self and obviously weak. I was able to trap him and take him to vet but the prognosis was bleak so I made the hard decision to let him go. I am glad I was able to provide him with two meals a day and a patio to call home. I'm just sad I coudln't do more to save him. Sorry Big Head you spent your last day in a large dog kennel until I took you to vet but I had to make sure I could find you when I came home at lunch time. I hope you knew I was with you in the vets office till the end and heard me say I love you. Remember what I told you: wait for me over the Rainbow Bridge and say hi to all my four footed family that are up there waiting for me too.

I am so sorry for your loss! Even though Big Head was a feral kitty, you did an amazing job helping him.
    I'm certain that he heard you say that you love him, and he will be waiting for you at the Rainbow Bridge. Until then, he will be watching over you.
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)

Dear Bev, I am so sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and all who love and grieve and will miss Big Head. Thank you for giving him so much love and care and energy. I'm sure he heard what you said! May your precious memories and keepsakes help to comfort you.

Beloved Big Head is whole and healthy again now at the Rainbow Bridge, a glorious Angel with wings of silver and gold, waiting for you with all those other precious Angelic friends there. They are watching over you and sending down love.

Rest in peace, dearest Big Head Angel. Please send some Angelic purrrs to the hearts of your dear Bev, to remind her that love is eternal, you are with her always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

from Pat and kitties
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Some day, in heaven, you and he will meet again, and I know he will remember you with love, and maybe then will regale you with stories/ You are in our thoughts and prayers tonight. How nice that he came back to you at his ending time, and was able to feel loved and go peacefully.
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    You loved and cared for Big Head, I'll just bet that meant everything in the world to him 💕🌹

Thanks to everyone for your kind thoughts. It means a lot.