Thread: Male cat sprayed baseboard heaters!

Male cat sprayed baseboard heaters!

Long story short... My sister in-law brought her cat over.. ok didn't think much told her to bring it in.. had my cat in a different room and told her to watch hers.. she didnt...! Her cat sprayed my kitchen specifically the baseboard.. my husband took it apart and cleaned with nature's miracle but now that I turned on the heat the entire apartment reaks of nastiness!!!! Can someone please give me suggestions on what to do?! I don't want to lose my security deposit and not be able to use the heat.. someone please help! (And to make matters worse I can't clean it bc I'm pregnant..) HELP!!!!

Aww, so sorry top hear that. I think the spray got more than the baseboard heater. Have you tried using a backlight to see if any pee remains, maybe in the flooring or carpeting?

And cat pee does not contain the taxoplasmosis you are cautioned about - that's in cat feces, so if the smell of cleaning products doesn't affect you adversely, you can help with the pee clean-up.
    I've Been Frosted

Karen's suggestion to use a blacklight is excellent.
    I found a site that goes through all the cleaning and deodorizing steps, using some natural cleaners.
    Good luck, and maybe you can enlist your sister-in-law to help with the cleanup.

https://www.wikihow.com/Remove-Cat-Urine-Smell
    Willa (5/1/1997-3/17/2018)