Thread: Precious Pörrö

Precious Pörrö

What a beauty you are, Pörrö - and because your human explained your name means fluffy, we can see how you got your name. What an elegant lady you are, posing so nicely with the object in your home, making any spot a lovely portrait instead of a static still life. How amazing your foundation story is - your original human must have loved you very much to know he needed to give you up, but made certain you'd be going to a loving home. And what a character you are as well, with your different meows, and sweet personality! Congratulations again, sweetie, you are Cat of the Day for the whole world to celebrate!
    I've Been Frosted

Stunning Pörrö!

Greetings Pörrö in Finland! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a breathtaking beauty you are, Pörrö! Your markings are so striking, and true to your name, you sure are one fluffy girl! Your photos are simply exquisite, Pörrö! Major props to your most talented photographer/human! But as moved as I am by your beauty, it's your heartwarming backstory that had me in tears!

I was moved when I heard the story and was happy to help the poor man, until he continued. "I'm quite sure you will give her good home. I can't ask 50 Euro, in fact, here is 50 Euro for you. Buy some food or toys for the cat."
    Oh, what a dear man, what a heartwarming, heart wrenching story of human kindness and selflessness! I can only imagine how hard it was for that dear and gentle soul, that kind man, to give you up, especially in light of his recent tragic accident. But no doubt he took great comfort in knowing that you would be going to such a loving furever home! How lucky your mom and dad are, having been blessed with a furkid as special as you, Pörrö! You're everything a human family could hope for in a furkid and then some, beautiful inside and out!

Great thanks to your mom for sharing your heartwarming homecoming story with us! Meeting you has been a real treat! Unfortunately, the link to Choco isn't working for me, but I'm thinking he is a former Cat of the Day honoree himself!
    Hope you (and the entire zoo) are enjoying a very special day of celebration, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your hearts desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Pörrö, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to all of your dog/bunny/snake/tarantula/fish friends, too! P.S...So glad to hear Choco and you remain besties!

Stunning!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dearest Pörrö, what a gorgeous girl you are! You are so pretty with that soft-looking black and white fur in such an interesting design. You have indeed earned your name, Pörrö (Finnish word for Fluffy)! And what a sweet face you have with that cute little pink nose and those lovely big pale-green eyes. Thank you for posting those great photos. You are adorable in them both! I wish I could reach through the screen and across the ocean to Finland to pet you, and pet your dog and bunny housemates too! (I don't think the snake, lizard, aquarium, or tarantula family members are up for petting, but if any of them do like it, I'm sending them pets, too.) I can't, of course, but I know your dear Purrrsons will pet you all for me .

And what a sweet story you have to tell! You had been with a man who loves you very much, but he developed health problems and could no longer care for you properly. When your new people came to meet you, he knew that they would give you the good home and kind of care and love you deserved (and all cats do, for that matter). He even gave them food and toys for you, and later a huge cat scratching tree which you still have and use! You have thrived in your new home, with your dear people, plus the dog, bunny, snake, lizard, aquarium and tarantula.. a zoo! And Choco (Cat of the Day for March 12, 2013!) is part of the family too, though he still lives with Grandma in the country.

You are very happy and social, and you make sure you get some love from visitors. You follow your your dear people everywhere, and you greet them every time they get home, with your unique meow and purr right after it. You are also a lovely lap-cat. You and all your family members love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Pörrö, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and all your family (including your dear previous-dad and Choco) and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Fluffy, beautiful Pörrö!

Hello, beautiful Pörrö in Finland! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous girl you are! Your coat is not only fluffy, but it looks so soft to pet! I like your green eyes, your sweet face and your pink nose too! I agree with my friends that your black markings are so interesting and striking! You sure are a lovely girl!

How wonderful that you moved from one home to another, where you have thrived with your people, the dog and bunny, and your person's other pets! You are a busy kitty, too- following your people from room to room, giving your very special greeting of welcome! You are a very lovely lap-kitty, too!

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to precious Pörrö! Love to Choco, too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dear Pörrö, what a beautiful, fluffy girl you are. Your luxurious coat looks so soft, and your face with those mysterious eyes is so sweet.
    I'm glad you found your forever home, when, sadly, a disabled person, you were meant to be with, couldn't take care of you.
    You have grown into a wonderful kitty. You are social, a lap kitty and you share your home with a zoo.
    Pörrö, you are exquisite, and I wish you, all your animal siblings and your parents a great day full of celebration and many more happy and healthy years together.

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, beautiful Porro!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Blog Entries

This is Porro's day! What a manificent COTD! So happy to hear how loved your sweet cat is!! Too beautiful for words 🌸

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Pörrö!

What a pretty girl you are! Your fluffy coat looks so soft and has beautiful markings. Your green eyes are stunning - and you have the sweetest face!

Your story is so heartwarming, I too was very moved. How kind of the man who had the tragic accident, to give you away to someone who could care for you, and even paying 50 Euro to buy toys, a big bag of food and a cat tree. He surely misses you now, and grief the loss of of his previous cat.

Thanks to your new family you get the care and love you need, and I can see you thrive with them. You have become part of a "Zoo" now.

Pörrö, you get all the attention you need and deserve, sitting in laps and greeting your family every time they come home, meawing and purring away. What a sweet companion you are! They are so lucky to have you.

Enjoy a day of fun, playtime and celebration, get pampered with yummy treats and lots of love. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm a day late, but I had to say how taken I was with Porro's perfect, beautiful markings and big green eyes! You're a special cat EVERY day.
    [b]"Virtue is triumphant only in theatrical productions." --The Mikado