Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forever Willa

Forever Willa

Last night, Willa didn't seem to feel well, and by morning, she had vomited all of her food. She ate breakfast, and seemed brighter. I left to go to the humane society, when my boyfriend called me and said that she had started urinating all over the house. I rushed home to find her non-stop vomiting and urinating blood.
    I knew that her kidneys had caught up with her, and I took her to the emergency clinic for euthanasia.
    I didn't want to hospitalize her on IV fluids, a mere temporary fix.
    It was unbelievably difficult, but in my heart I knew I had to relief her suffering. She would have been 21 on May 1.

Dearest Willa, today you looked at me and said: Mom, I love you so much, but I am so tired. I want to eat, but I can’t. Please let me go.
    I knew then that it was time, and with such an incredibly heavy heart, I set you free. It was the right thing to do, but still, the guilt and sadness are overwhelming.
    Willa, even though you never liked the other kitties, and never stopped being feisty, I’m certain you will have an abundance of new friends in the eternal sunshine at the Rainbow Bridge.
    Forever yours, your mom.

Name:  willaundry.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  51.8 KB

Rest in peace, pretty girl. Our condolences, sweetie. She is no longer suffering but happy and whole, and you will see her again, some fine day.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry.
    She will be waiting for you at Rainbow Bridge!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Oh, Heidi, I am so very sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and your boyfriend and the other kitties and all who love Willa and grieve her and will miss her so very much. Almost 21 years old, what a wonderful long life so full of so much shared love; what a good, fine, loving and beloved kitty! May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

Loving thoughts and prayers to you, dearest Willa, now a glorious Angel, whole and healthy again at the Rainbow Bridge. Please send some loving purrrs to the hearts of your dear family members and friends to remind them that love is eternal, you are with them always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day..

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

My heart cracked at seeing her name.

Heidi, you did the right thing. I cannot imagine the pain you are in right now. I just hope that happy memories will comfort you as time goes on.

I am so, so sorry. Godspeed, sweet Willa.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Blog Entries
    I am so sorry, you know you did the best for her 💕 You always did the very best for Willa 🌹

Liebe Heidi, es tut mir so sehr leid, aber denke daran das jetzt Willa ist in guten Händen und kann essen und trinken soviel sie will.
    Rest in peace dearest Willa. Enjoy yourself at the Rainbow bridge sweetheart.

Thank you so much, everybody!
    My heart is broken into a million pieces. I expected her to greet me at the door as usual. Everything is different, the other kitties are confused (like me), as the routine has changed.
    All of your support means so much to me.

I hope you and your kitties share lots of hugs. It will help you both.

I don't mean to leave your boyfriend out of this - he and the kitties ought to share lots of hugs also.

Mindy is in my lap right now, purring up a storm.
    My boyfriend loves the kitties, but he definitely doesn't have the same emotional bond.

Oh Heidi, I'm so very sorry that Willa is gone, but it was the right to do. She is not suffering anymore. My heartfelt sympathy and hugs to you and your boyfriend.

Willa had a good long life with you and was spoiled rotten, I hope that will be some comfort to you. Find your new friends on the RB, sweet Willa - Fister will be there to greet you!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so sorry to learn this news, Heidi. I agree with phesina, what a wonderful long life.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

When I went to work today, I got her record and closed it for good. That was heart-breaking.

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    When I went to work today, I got her record and closed it for good. That was heart-breaking.

Blog Entries
    Thinking of you and hoping you are finding comfort in knowing how much we are caring. Willa was such a beautiful cat in every way 💕💖🌹