Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Forever Willa

I am so sorry. She had a wonderful LONG life and will now be running happily at the Bridge waiting for you - one fine day.

RIP Willa
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

I usually don't seek advice online, but I looked for sites on grieving to make sure that I'm not going crazy.
    I came across the following site that was really helpful to me.
    One section in particular had amazing insights about the difference in grieving for a pet vs for a person.
    Someone who has never been owned by a pet wouldn't understand, but everyone else will.

https://www.recover-from-grief.com/c...th-of-pet.html

Willa

Reading about your dear Willa brought tears to my eyes. People who have lost animals they loved that much know the pain you have to get through to recover. But what matters is how much love you had for her. She knows you will love her forever. She had 21 full years of happiness, joy, and love. Im sure she appreciated having you be with her through the last days of her life on earth. But she now can be free of the the pain she was suffering. She can run free and eat all she wants in the Rainbow Bridge. But she will always be watching you, and loving you. I didn't know Willa, but she sounds wonderful and lovable and looks absolutely adorable!
    I hope you are enjoying you new life in the Rainbow Bride, dear Willa. You mom will remember you always.

Everybody, thank you for your kind words!
    I decided today to take Willa's medical record as a keepsake.
    I also did something that might seem a little out there. I found a whole body x-ray from 3 years ago, and I ordered a 11x14 poster of it, a unique view of Willa.

Oh, what a nice idea, that X-ray poster!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

My heart goes out to you and dear Wila. May happy memories of Wila help you through this difficult time and always. Run free and happy over the Rainbow Bridge dear Wila and watch over your family down here on Earth.

I'm sorry to hear about Willa.
    Anne
    Meowmie to Lucy Lou and Barney, and Aunt to Timmy (RIP)

Former kitties now in foster care: Nellie aka Eleanor van Fluffytail (at a Cat Cafe), Lady Jane Grey, Bob the Bobtail, and Callie. Kimi has been adopted into another family that understands Siamese. HRH Oliver Woodrow von Katz is in a Sanctuary.

I'm Homeless, but with resources, and learning to live again.

RIP Timmy (nephew kitty) May 17, 2018, Mr. Spunky (May 10, 2017), Samwise (Dec 2, 2014), Emily (Oct 8, 2013), Rose (Sept 24, 2001), Maggie (Fall 2003)