Thread: Lovely Lively Luna!

Lovely Lively Luna!

Dearest Luna, what a gorgeous girl you are! You are such a pretty Calico, with those unusual markings in that fur that looks so soft. And what a sweet face you have, with that unique coloring that resembles a lunar eclipse, and that cute two-tone nose and the lovely big pale-green eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us, which show you off so well, especially resting on your dear Meowmie's lap. How nice that you live in Ypsi, just down the road from us! I wish I could reach through the screen and maybe just down Washtenaw Ave. to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Meowmie will pet you for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have! Meowmie was lonely for a cat, so she looked up the Humane Society's web site, saw your picture, and immediately fell in love. You were shy there at first, but when she arrived you fell in love right away, too. (How good that she chose rescue! You are a fine example of the terrific critters to be found in shelters.) She brought you Home the next day, and now you have the best life, full of toys and love. You make her smile with your energy and antics. Your favorite toy is your ball, and you love to play Fetch with it, bringing it to her in bed again and again until you get tired out. It turns out that you and she needed each other and rescued each other! You and she love each other dearly, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Luna, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and dear Meowmie and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 02-17-2018 at 02:17 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Luna!

What a pretty girl you are, Luna! Your coat is beautiful and your green eyes are stunning! You also have the sweetest two coloured face - very special!

No wonder your mom fell in love immediately when she saw your picture, and when she met you, you were hiding in the corner of the crate, but then you climbed right into her lap. Your mom had to get some things for you, but she came back the next morning and took you home.

Now, you have a wonderful life with all the toys you could ever want; your favourite is a ball which you bring to your mom to throw again. What fun you are having!

You are such a sweetheart and your mom wouldn't know what to do without you.

Enjoy a day of fun and celebration, get pampered with extra cuddle time, yummy treats and lots of love. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetie!

Best buddies
    Last edited by Randi; 02-17-2018 at 11:32 AM.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Lovely Luna ~ Your beautiful face and touching story brought a smile to my face this cold, Alaskan morning.
    We wish you many happy and healthy years with your lucky purrrrrrrson.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Blog Entries
    I sure enjoyed reading Luna's remarkable story! You two were made for each other and I wish the both of you many more years of love and joy! You can tell she adores you simply by the ways she is looking at you in that one photo. How lovely 😻

Dear Luna, what a beautiful Calico girl you are. You are so shiny and soft looking, and your face with its "eclipse" marking is adorable.
    When your mom saw your picture at the humane society website, it was love at first sight.
    Since then, you have become your mom's best forever friend.
    You like to play fetch, to cuddle, and sleep on your mom's bed.
    Luna, you are another wonderful example how pet adoption changes lives for the better.
    I wish you and your mom a great day full of celebration, and many more happy and healthy years together.

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day, beautiful Luna!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Luna has a Twin

My Tera could be Luna's twin. I have been wanting to submit her picture to Cat of the Day and was surprised today to see Luna. I actually had to stop and think if I had done it. They are nearly identical. Tera is almost two years old. I will get going on posting her picture so you can see it. Luna is very beautiful!

Lovely Luna!

As the poet says, "a thing of beauty is a joy forever," and what a beautiful Calico girl you are, Luna, inside and out; a never ending source of joy for your furever mom. And not just a source of joy, but a healer and comforter, a life changer! How blessed your mommy was, the day she chose rescue, the day she welcomed you into her home and heart! And at 6 years young, you're just hitting your stride, with so many, many more years of shared love and companionship to look forward to, for you and your mommy!

I can't tell you how touched I was, Luna, learning how lovingly your mommy prepared for your homecoming, assuring that everything was just right, from the very first moment you set paw in the door! And the rest is happy history! What a happy day that was, what a very special best friend, loving companion and furry family member your mommy has in you, sweetheart! You're a treasure, just as special as can be, and so very deserving of your big day of honor!

Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, sweetheart! Meeting you, being treated to all of your heart-melting photos, has made my evening! Hope you're in the midst of a very special day of celebration...playing fetch, cuddling with your mommy and warming her lap; being treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Luna, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Beautiful Luna-r...eclipse!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Luna has the markings of tortoiseshell as a calico has patches of orange,white and black.I have a tortoiseshell and she has the same coloring as Calicos have mostly white fur and tortoiseshell has mostly black.
    Example of a tortoiseshell
    https://goo.gl/images/z8FqeN
    Example of a Calico
    https://goo.gl/images/XMTBvR
    Last edited by Lucy2018; 02-18-2018 at 01:59 PM.

What a gorgeous girl you are, Luna! I like your sweet face, and your pretty tortie kitty and white markings!

You hid when your mum first met you, and then you waited while she got your home ready! Then the next day you went home, and everything was in place for you! I would like to gently pet you, or help you play with your favorite toy! Since I can't pet you, I hope your mum will give you some extra petting and snuggles for me !

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to beautiful Luna!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Luna's Mommy

Hi everyone,
    I would live to formally thank everyone who showered Luna with the same affection and appreciation that I do on a daily basis, she feels loved far and wide! We send our love to all of our furry friends and their owners!
    Xoxo,
    Luna and her mommy