Thread: Nine Interesting Facts About Cat Paws

Nine Interesting Facts About Cat Paws

I came across this, which is quite interesting and useful to know. It's facts about cats' paws... there are also pictures.

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/int...facts-cat-paws

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Very cool and interesting. Thank you, Randi, for posting this.
    Everybody who thinks about declawing their cat should read this!!!
    My cats' feet always get sweaty when they go to the vet, it's quite pitiful.

Blog Entries
    I was painting my dresser drawers outside one summer and our favorite neiborhood cat insisted on walking on the wet paint. It looked so great I left the paw prints there of course! Once we started replacing all our furniture, we could not bear to part with it so we just sawed off 12" by 12" chunk of the prints and framed it. It is on the wall in the study now and forever reminds us of our freind Casper. Excellent cat!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Very cool and interesting. Thank you, Randi, for posting this.
    Everybody who thinks about declawing their cat should read this!!!
    My cats' feet always get sweaty when they go to the vet, it's quite pitiful.
    Aww, that IS pitiful. I just hate taking cats to the vet, it scares and stresses them so much.

Very interesting, I enjoyed reading that.

However, long time members here know that the article is incomplete, and missing one critical item: cat paws smell like Fritos! Frito Feet!

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I was painting my dresser drawers outside one summer and our favorite neiborhood cat insisted on walking on the wet paint. It looked so great I left the paw prints there of course! Once we started replacing all our furniture, we could not bear to part with it so we just sawed off 12" by 12" chunk of the prints and framed it. It is on the wall in the study now and forever reminds us of our freind Casper. Excellent cat!
    Awwwww How wonderful that Casper is always with you.
    I have heard that hand made tiles that have dog or cat prints in them -- I guess the tiles are dried outside before they are fired -- sell for higher prices than "unblemished" tiles.

Thanks for sharing Randi. Great article.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Sandie, it's been so long so you don't remember - it was Popcorn tootsies for cats and Frito feet for dogs. I'll admit... after I read that thread, I did go and smell Fister's paws, we got various results, depending where he had last been.

I would have LOVED having tiles with Fister's paws prints on in the bathroom, or in the kitchen. I often thought of getting some clay, but never got around to doing it.

The ones of you who still have yours... get it done before it's too late!

Btw, any members who joined after 2001 should read this - you'll get a good laugh.
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthre...ighlight=frito

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.