Thread: Kitties hate closed doors

Kitties hate closed doors

...and Olive is no exception, no matter what side she's on.
    There has to something better behind it!

Name:  olidoorknob-a.jpg
Views: 157
Size:  28.5 KB

"Hmmmmm..... how do I get this open?"
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Oh Olive, you don't stand a chance with that door knob, but perhaps your mom will be so kind to open it for you.

Fister opened all closet doors when he thought we were gone for a bit too long.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Awww, Olive! You are on the wrong side of a closed door, but I am sure meowmie will open it for you! I'm sending you and your kitty siblings some Caturday hugs and love !
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Kitties Hate Closed Doors

Cute picture of kitty looking up; at door. What I did was get a kitty scratcher door hanger with catnip on and my cat seemed to settle down.
    [IMG]05-12-09_2040.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by SANDY FROST View Post
    Cute picture of kitty looking up; at door. What I did was get a kitty scratcher door hanger with catnip on and my cat seemed to settle down.
    Unfortunately, my kitties don't use the door scratcher, they just need to know what's behind those doors.

All of my cats at one time or another have tried to open doors.

Back when Chessie and Casey were kittens, I initially let them in the bedroom at night. Problem with that was that Chessie would get up on things (nightstand, dresser, etc.) and start knocking things over, waking me up. Then the 4AM wrestling matches between the two of them would start. I'd be sound asleep, and suddenly somebody was getting body slammed into my stomach. I would shoo them out of the bedroom and close the door. That's when they figured out how to get my attention by reaching up and rattling the door knob. Keep in mind that this was about 3 years after my townhouse was broken into. So, getting woken up in the middle of the night by the sound of somebody messing with the doorknob would put me into panic mode. I'd open the door, and Chessie would take off down the stairs.

Casey has messed with the doors from time to time but nothing like Chessie did. Thankfully my townhouse has doorknobs instead of handles that they can grab.

Smokey also has a thing for closed doors, especially my bedroom and office doors. He'll wait outside either of the rooms, and as soon as I start to open the door, he'll try to rush his way in. If the door is closed and he wants in, he'll pound on the door and start crying his head off, sometimes trying to reach under the door.