Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New kitty

New kitty

I adopted a new kitty about a month ago. Don't get on here much but wanted to introduce Dasher. He is about 6 months old. He was neutered last week. Its a long story but he was very neglected and had ring worms, tape worms, and round worms. He lived near my daughter and after trying to save one of their kitties that died we got tired of finding Dasher outside and forgotten. They said it was the children's responsibility (all children are under 6!)

I have tried to attach his picture with no luck(hopefully 10 don't show up!)
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

God bless you for taking Dasher home! Thank you so much for opening your hearts to him and giving him the kind of care and love he has deserved all along. May you and he live happily ever after!

I just hate these alleged-people who are so lackadaisical (if that's the word I really want) about pet care. "..the responsibility of three children under 6 years," and when they weren't doing the job, the adults didn't step in to take over.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    God bless you for taking Dasher home! Thank you so much for opening your hearts to him and giving him the kind of care and love he has deserved all along. May you and he live happily ever after!

I just hate these alleged-people who are so lackadaisical (if that's the word I really want) about pet care. "..the responsibility of three children under 6 years," and when they weren't doing the job, the adults didn't step in to take over.

Yes exactly, and how exactly do these parents think the children should learn from? Its very sad, they have a german shepherd that they leave outside 24 hours a day, he barks non stop because he is lonely. I don't understand why they keep getting pets, supposedly the husband is allergic so the mom just throws them outside. I just hope they don't replace Dasher. They had a 5 week old kitty that they said someone gave them at a gas station, my daughter asked them if she could take over his care, she took him to the vet but it was too late and he passed away. Mind you my daughter is a single mother of twins. These people will not spend one dollar on their pets care. In the month I have had Dasher I have had so many issues to treat but he is so worth it he is such a sweet boy. I also got him microchipped but I don't plan on letting him out but he tries to get out when the door is opened because they let him outside.

I have been frosted!

Email me the picture, I can post it for you! Congrats on the new family member.
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for talking this kitten in and caring so much.

How sad that the other one didn't make it. Of course, children under six have no clue how to care for them. That family should not be allowed to have any pets!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Do you have Animal Control in your city or county? Some officials or agency that you could report this family to, that would take the German Shepherd and any other animals away from them?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I'm glad that you were able to save Dasher. I have seen many parents setting bad examples for their children when it comes to pet care.
    As phesina said, maybe you could report these people to some authority.

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    I'm glad that you were able to save Dasher. I have seen many parents setting bad examples for their children when it comes to pet care.
    As phesina said, maybe you could report these people to some authority.
    I think all of the neighbors have had it with these people. I think they have been reported. But since they aren't starving and left out in severe wheather I guess nothing is being done.

Karen I will try to find your email address and email you.

I have been frosted!

Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Email me the picture, I can post it for you! Congrats on the new family member.
    Karen, I emailed you at [email protected], I got that from the "nominate your pet" tab. In the old days we would put it on photobucket, I haven't gotten on there in years, do we still do it that way?

Thanks!

I have been frosted!

Thank you for giving Dashed the home he deserves!
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Here's the handsome boy!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you Karen! He is quite Dashing! Love my sweet boy. Its funny I sit at work and think about him and miss him, its like new love.

I have been frosted!

Blog Entries
    OMG! So very cute! I love his little upturned nose and his coat is beautiful! Such lovely eyes of course!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Here's the handsome boy!
    Hey Karen, got photos of Lily but can't upload them. Can you tell me how, or how to send them to you so you can do it? Pretty please. Thanks.

Oh, Dasher, how beautiful you are!

I am so glad you are in such a safe, happy home filled with love now!

from Pat and Poppy and Sparkler
    Death thought about it.