Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New kitty

I am also so very sorry for the 5-week-old kitty that didn't make it. God bless your daughter for doing her best to save him. At least he got to know some love there, from her.

I like to think he is now a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, and he will welcome Home your daughter and each and every one of us who care, One Fine Day...

from Pat and Poppy and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    I am also so very sorry for the 5-week-old kitty that didn't make it. God bless your daughter for doing her best to save him. At least he got to know some love there, from her.

I like to think he is now a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, and he will welcome Home your daughter and each and every one of us who care, One Fine Day...

from Pat and Poppy and Sparkler
    Thank you so much for that. It was very heartbreaking. My phone rang at 2am and I knew, my daughter was heartbroken, he died in her arms. I don't know if the vet didn't think it was as serious as it was or what. My daughter let the girls save another kitty from the shelter after that happened, they now have a healthy kitty named Grayson. She couldn't keep Dasher since she is next door to his previous owners. She did try to keep him and the lady went over and got him back from her, she just moved to her new house a few months ago and he kept showing up on her doorstep.

She told my daughter we just aren't in the position to get medical care for all of these pets, her husband said then you need to quite bringing all of these pets home! Strange logic she has. My daughter said some people just aren't raised and taught how to care for pets, maybe she is right, to me its just common sense
    don't breed or buy while shelter dogs die....

I have been frosted!

Thanks Kfamr for the signature!

Blog Entries
    It sounds like she never learned common sense. I have met folks with no common sense before too.

Dasher is one handsome dashing dude. Congratulations

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Hey Karen, got photos of Lily but can't upload them. Can you tell me how, or how to send them to you so you can do it? Pretty please. Thanks.
    You can email them to me, to Karen then at then PetoftheDay.com okay?
    I've Been Frosted

My daughter had an amazon gift card so she ordered a cat tree for her new kitty and for Dasher. Its awesome, I have never purchased a cat tree for any of my kitties, never realized how much they would love it. He is in it all the time! It has a nice cushy bed at the top so he is way up high away from everything for him to nap.

In a week we start a kitchen remodel, it will take 3 weeks, i worry about people coming in and out of the house and him getting out, I will have to confine him in a room during the day when the workers are here. Him and Bubba get along so i will put them both in a spare room during the day.

I have been frosted!

What a beautiful kitty you are, Dasher, and you look so healthy and well-cared for now!

Quote Originally Posted by caseysmom View Post
    My daughter had an amazon gift card so she ordered a cat tree for her new kitty and for Dasher. Its awesome, I have never purchased a cat tree for any of my kitties, never realized how much they would love it. He is in it all the time! It has a nice cushy bed at the top so he is way up high away from everything for him to nap.

In a week we start a kitchen remodel, it will take 3 weeks, i worry about people coming in and out of the house and him getting out, I will have to confine him in a room during the day when the workers are here. Him and Bubba get along so i will put them both in a spare room during the day.
    Be sure and let the workers know they are NOT to open that door! Put signs on the door. Can you lock it, by any chance?

Or is there anyone else you know and trust who would keep him for the time of the remodel?
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    Be sure and let the workers know they are NOT to open that door! Put signs on the door. Can you lock it, by any chance?

Or is there anyone else you know and trust who would keep him for the time of the remodel?
    My husband is retired so he will be home and they are only remodeling the kitchen so there would be no reason for them to go in there unless of course they were looking for the bathroom. Good idea to put up a sign I will do that.

I have been frosted!