Thread: Monroe's skin vs his heart

Monroe's skin vs his heart

While Monroe's heartfailure seems to be well controlled, his skin is going the opposite way.
    He is tearing up his skin, front legs are getting hairless, the inside of one back leg has a big sore.
    The Apoquel seemed to have such promise, but it might have been just aligned with the off-season for allergens. I will wean him off (don't know if weaning is necessary, but the vet recommended it).
    I ordered him a fatty acid/ vitamin E supplement, and I hope he'll like it.
    I also did some research on cyclosporine, which can have tremendous side effects. It suppresses the immune system and is thought to cause lymphoma. I don't think I want to risk it.
    Please keep Monroe in your thoughts.

Good warm loving thoughts and prayers and energies to Monroe, and to you too, Heidi.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Keeping you and Monroe in my thoughts and prayers!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Can you put a shirt on him? I read 3-6 months baby onsies fit cats. you can buy one and experiment. I saw them in Walmart for $2-$3 dollars.
    I know they make cloths for the Sphynx cat. Search hairless cat cloths . It will give you some ideas....

Praying that Monroe will feel better with the oils and maybe a onesie.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by maid25cats View Post
    Can you put a shirt on him? I read 3-6 months baby onsies fit cats. you can buy one and experiment. I saw them in Walmart for $2-$3 dollars.
    I know they make cloths for the Sphynx cat. Search hairless cat cloths . It will give you some ideas....
    In normal cats, that would be a great idea. Unfortunately, Monroe has pica, and his favorite things to eat are any kind of fabric, especially shirts, socks, bedsheets etc.
    A onesie would also be a tasty snack!
    And even with clothes, that poor cat would still be insanely itchy.
    Thank you, though, I do welcome any suggestions.

Blog Entries
    Any suggestions? Maybe Jackson Galaxy would have some ideas, he might be able to help. I have seen him practically work miracles. I will try to find out how to contact him if you like. Just a suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Any suggestions? Maybe Jackson Galaxy would have some ideas, he might be able to help. I have seen him practically work miracles. I will try to find out how to contact him if you like. Just a suggestion
    Thank you, mon.
    His dedication to helping cats seems boundless, and he's doing amazing work.
    Unfortunately, there's no cure for pica, just control, and as for Monroe's itching, I'm afraid that I have maxed out all the possibilities. His vet has put quite a bit of time into finding a solution.
    I will start him on new food (not a limited ingredient diet, which I have unsuccessfully tried years ago, and which is extremely expensive), just different from his current food, and specifically for sensitive skin.
    Stupid heart disease!