Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lily's lump

Blog Entries

Lily's lump

Thanks, my memory is terrible. Lily will go to the vet Jan. 5. Goin' to a new vet, the other ones a little weird. Got the cage out, her fave stuff inside and all around it. Thanks cats4ever, maybe she will be less freaked this time. This vet is closer too, less time in the car, she hates the car. Nothing really new, just figured I should move this stuff to a new thread.... I have no clue why, but I suppose there must be some reason or it wouldn't be suggested....I'm sure I'll forget to find the thread again anyway

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Thanks, my memory is terrible. Lily will go to the vet Jan. 5. Goin' to a new vet, the other ones a little weird. Got the cage out, her fave stuff inside and all around it. Thanks cats4ever, maybe she will be less freaked this time. This vet is closer too, less time in the car, she hates the car. Nothing really new, just figured I should move this stuff to a new thread.... I have no clue why, but I suppose there must be some reason or it wouldn't be suggested....I'm sure I'll forget to find the thread again anyway
    Because this is about your kitty, and it deserves it's own spot.
    Let us know how the vet visit goes, and what the diagnosis is.

Good luck at the vets, Lily!

Excellent advice about getting her cage out so she will get used to it - she might even go and sleep there. Perhaps put a few treats inside.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Sending lots of love and positive thoughts!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

We are sending along loads of love and prayers and warm healing energies to dearest Lily, that her exam by the new vet goes well and results in promising news.

Lily definitely deserves to have her own thread, so we can keep track of her condition and send along all kinds of good wishes.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Thank you so much!! Her appt. is on Fri. I sure will let you all know, your the best! Trying to think positive here.

Blog Entries
    Lily's appt. is in a couple hrs. EEeeek! Inched the crate into the bedroom where she hangs out. She hid under the bed for a while but finally came out to play with the feather wand. Now she is sleeping under the quilt. I realize when we first brought her home I held her so the only time she's been caged is when getting spayed, shots etc. No wonder she hates it. Anyhow, what will the vet say.....the lump on her neck has grown significantly and changed. It grew so fast, from hard and tiny to bigger and softer. Enough, gotta keep busy, catch you later freinds.

We are sending along all our good wishes and hopes and prayers and warm energies that you get good, promising news from the vet.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Blog Entries

U

Thanks phesina, scary day. The Vet is going to remove the lump on Mon...three days from now. He says her heart sounds fine, the other vet said she had a heart murmur. That is a relief but weird, glad we changed vets. Anyhow, getting her in the cage is far easier and I am learning a lot. Thanks everyone for all the support. I am in tears of course now that it's sinkin in. Lily is on the couch asleep with her Papa, I am with Mia the elder, worrying me pants off. Just need a minute. Unfortunately both my ears are infected and I am on antibiotics, and have a dreadful cold. I am deaf in both ears right now so I am not quite clear on what's up. Just know the basics, we are taking it out, go from there. Thank you for all the support, I sure hope everything turns out okay, you are so helpful. The new vet seems pretty great.

Sorry to hear about Lily's lump
    It's good you changed vet! We did same thing few years ago, and this one she have now is such a sweetheart.
    He always takes lots of time for you and your pet, he gives people all the time they need!

I'm sure your Lily will feel so much better after that lump has been removed! I spray all will go well!

I see your cat hates to be in a car. Maybe I can help you with that!
    Our Inka absolutely hates to be in our car, in her transport box.
    Because we go rather often to our appartement at the sea (Ostend), we had to find a solution.
    Well, we found it! This is what we did: we put the box on one of the backseats, and then cover it tight with coat or something else, making sure that Inka couldn't see any light. Guess what: she slept all the way every time (70km!)!!

Good luck!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Cole has a grade 3 heart murmur and has gone through one dental surgery a few years ago and having his spleen removed last year. He did just fine.

If the lump is just under the skin it won't be a big surgery. You'll have your kitty back safe and sound before you know it.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

mon, I'm sorry that Lily has to undergo surgery. I'm glad though that you like the new vet, trust is so important.
    Did they give you any indication what kind of growth (benign vs malignant) Lily has?
    Either way, I wish you and Lily the best of luck with the procedure!
    PS, it's not that weird that one vet heard a heart murmur, and the other one didn't. Miss Kitty's emergency vet heard one, but her regular vet didn't, and I trust her more.

Well, that sounds promising. This new vet seems an improvement on the old! We are sending along more good wishes and prayers that the surgery goes well and Lily recovers and heals nicely with good results.

Death thought about it.

Blog Entries
    You all are so supportive and kind, it means so much. How it went was, my husband Shawn said he wants it out no matter what, the vet said okay and given how fast it grew we need to nip it in the bud. SHawn does not want to know if it is malignant or not once it's out. He just wants to move on in oblivion, like nothing happened. While I can understand that, in a way, not sure it's the best plan.... We'll just let it unfold, he's a little testy when it comes to Lilybell. Aren't we all

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Cole has a grade 3 heart murmur and has gone through one dental surgery a few years ago and having his spleen removed last year. He did just fine.

If the lump is just under the skin it won't be a big surgery. You'll have your kitty back safe and sound before you know it.
    Oh yes, Shawn will drop her off in the a.m. And pick her up after work. About 11 or 12 hrs. And she'll be back home safe and sound if all goes well. It is in a spot where she cannot lick at the stitches, which is a blessing indeed. It is just under the skin, not attached to anything so it should be a very simple procedure he says, I'm sure it will hurt afterwards though. Poor Lily, I'm scared but all your support helps so much. Thank you!!