Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Lily's lump

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much peeps, the vet says all went well, we can pick her up at around 5! All your kind wishes helped so much, can't wait until she's home. I sure hope Mia leaves her alone, she is usually the one getting bullied but she will smell different, might upset her. Hafta keep them separate for a while maybe?

Blog Entries
    One more hr. to wait, cleaned all the litter boxes. No way she can wear a cone, it was right on the spot where a stinking cone would rub. Hate those things, she wore one forever after she got spayed, probably caused the bloody lump. Well maybe, anyhow the only way I can imagine her ripping out the stitches is pretty easily with her back feet when they get itchy. No idea what to do about that ,as one must sleep and no stinking cone. Can't wait to see her! Gonna give her painkillers so she won't be in so much pain.

Blog Entries
    Hey, thanks again for your support. My I pad is giving me grief, so to sum it up...Lily, she is back, hungry, happy, crazy and as playful as ever! They shaved way too much hair off IMHO. Will itch a lot I think, praying it heals well, thanks freinds!!

Glad she is feeling better! Maybe get a tiny t-shirt to put on her to keep it covered if it seems to bother her?
    I've Been Frosted

Glad Lily is back home. Sending healing thoughts and speedy recovery.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Glad she is feeling better! Maybe get a tiny t-shirt to put on her to keep it covered if it seems to bother her?
    I'll keep that in mind, great idea, thanks Karen. If she starts scratching she'll definately need a short, cotton, turtle neck T. Can't be hard to find or make out of baby clothes.

I'm glad that the surgery went well. I wish her a speedy recovery, and hopefully, she won't get too itchy.

Blog Entries
    Thanks so much, so far Lily is the perfect patient. She eats well, takes her meds, sleeps and even plays already. She looks adorable with her turtle neck on (So cute!) stitches come out in 11 days, if I can just keep her away from scratching them I figure all will heal well. We'll do our very best! They shaved so much, it's gotta start itching soon and the incision is way longer than I expected. Vet phoned today to check on her, that's impressive!

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Thanks so much, so far Lily is the perfect patient. She eats well, takes her meds, sleeps and even plays already. She looks adorable with her turtle neck on (So cute!) stitches come out in 11 days, if I can just keep her away from scratching them I figure all will heal well. We'll do our very best! They shaved so much, it's gotta start itching soon and the incision is way longer than I expected. Vet phoned today to check on her, that's impressive!
    They will shave quite a bit, and the vet will make a large incision to get good margins around the growth, in case it is malignant. If any part of the growth is left behind, it can spread just like it was never removed.
    Could we see a picture of Lily? I love kitties in clothes. I'm glad that she's doing so well.

Blog Entries
    I will try to get a snapshot, not something I do well. I will try. I get why the incision is so long now, thanks again!
    Last edited by mon; 01-14-2018 at 07:58 PM. Reason: Adding pics

Here are Lily dear's pictures:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lily Stitches.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	404.0 KB 
ID:	60281   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lily Profile.jpg 
Views:	63 
Size:	291.7 KB 
ID:	60282   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Lily Scarf.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	285.3 KB 
ID:	60283  
    I've Been Frosted

Lovely!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Lily, you are sooo beautiful!
    I think your incision looks great. Purrs and headbumpies from my kitties!

Blog Entries
    Thanks guys, it was Karen who posted Lily's pics for us. I think Lilybell thought she was getting meds, might be why she didn't smile so much She is doing great though, a happy camper indeed! Thanks again Karen! Shawn thinks we should take out the stitches ourselves when the time comes, save her the stress of a road trip, cage horrors etc. We did it before when she got an infection from our last vet, he thinks it was because her clinic was unsanitary. Our new vet, however might be confused or insulted if we do that. I am sure he would like to do that himself, follow up you know. What do you all think? Any thoughts are welcome, not sure where I stand really.

Blog Entries
    Today Lily's favorite visiter, Carter her cuz, a little person came over and played with her. She had the best time, she really loves that kid! We got her stitches out, she's perfectly fine. Thank you all so much for the support. All of you, we were so worried and Lily is just fine now. Can't thank you enough, your support means a lot