Thread: WONDERFUL NEWS! Gary Catmandu's kitty Molly has a new home!!!

WONDERFUL NEWS! Gary Catmandu's kitty Molly has a new home!!!

Remember Molly, Gary's cat needing a Purrrmanent home?
    Here's the earlier PT thread with posts about her: http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=188455&

Yesterday I was going through some older e-mails and came across the one from Gary's friend Dale about his Molly who was staying at The Pampered Feline in Hamilton but was looking for a Purrrmanent, Purrrfect home. I wrote her and asked if The Pampered Feline was still open (the owner was going to close it before long) and if Molly was still there.

Here's what I heard back from her today:

------>
    You must be psychic Pat … I literally just sat down at the computer to send you an email about Molly. She has a home! A lady from Mississauga (halfway between Hamilton and Toronto) was visiting a friend in Hamilton and saw one of the posters we put up in a pet store downtown. She contacted Helen and arranged to go and see Molly and ended up adopting her yesterday. Helen just heard from the lady that Molly is doing very well … she came out of the carry case right away, ate her food and was sitting on the window sill looking out. Chris, at the Pampered Feline where Molly was staying, is totally amazed because Molly was such a timid cat. The Pampered Feline is still open but Chris is starting to get her home and the business ready to sell. Sounds like this was meant to be, and just in time for Molly to have Christmas in her new home. We’re so happy!
    ------------

I'm so happy, too, and I'm sure you all are very happy, too!!!!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

How purrfect! I'm so happy for Molly.
    Are there other kitties at the Pampered Feline who still need homes?

That's wonderful - she must have known straight off this would be her new furrier human and home!
    I've Been Frosted

The Pampered Feline is a boarding place, not a shelter. I don't know if there might be any other cats there needing homes, so I just asked Dale if there are.

I just looked on-line to see if there's more about the place. I found these:

https://www.yellowpages.ca/bus/Ontar...e/3894139.html

https://www.facebook.com/pamperedfeline/

AND... guess what..
    http://petoftheday.com/talk/showthread.php?t=144482
    Our dear friend Gary in 2008!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

OH HOW WONDERFUL!

It must be the perfect home for Molly to be so comfortable. What a relief!

Are Dale or anyone keeping Gary posted about his cats or is that a topic to not be discussed?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    OH HOW WONDERFUL!

It must be the perfect home for Molly to be so comfortable. What a relief!

Are Dale or anyone keeping Gary posted about his cats or is that a topic to not be discussed?
    Dear Candace and everyone, here is Dale's response to this question (BTW, I asked her if she minded me quoting her directly, and she said that's fine, quote away!):

-------->
    I know Helen previously told Gary that all his cats had been adopted. I don't think she told him about Molly because the name wouldn't mean anything to him. That was the name we gave to her..
    -----------

Helen is another friend in Hamilton. She and Dale ran the Animal Welfare Association of Hamilton (http://awa.xux.net/), which closed last year (the remaining cats were all re-located safely).

Helen has several photos of various cats of Gary's from over the years. Recently she framed one showing several cats and took it to him in the hospital. He really appreciated the gift and remembered the cats from a while back.
    Last edited by phesina; 12-11-2017 at 02:01 PM.
    Death thought about it.

That is very sweet!