Thread: Search problems

Search problems

Karen, why can't I find any of John's posts or threads? Have you deleted them all? I want to find a post where he talks about Hastens beds. It's from 2004. Can you help, please?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

They have not been deleted. I will look for that for you. I need to reindex Pet Talk, it failed last time I tried.
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen, I'm sorry you have so many problems with Pet Talk - hope you will find a way to make it work. Wish I could do something to help, but I know nothing about reindexing. I wonder if this could be any help:
    https://portal.smartertools.com/kb/a...-articles.aspx

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

It is just a process BBEdit has as part of its package, just is best to do when not to many users are active.
    I've Been Frosted

In that case, could you do it at night and say "Pet Talk is offline for ? hours due to maintenance." It may be a good time, now that so many are busy Christmas shopping.

Yes, that is the plan.
    I've Been Frosted

Okay, theoretically the reindexing of search worked. and it is functional again! Randi - it pulled up jonza's posts no problem, first thing I tried.

Edit - actually it is still working on it, has been most of the night, so please be patient if the board is slow today!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you, Karen. I will try to do a search.

Edit* I didn't work, but it's not important. I did find some of John's posts, though.