Thread: Sweet Shade

Sweet Shade

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Shade!

What a handsome boy you are! Your grey coat with the white chest and paws is beautiful, and so is your eyes. I would not have guessed you are blind. You also have the sweetest face!

In spite of being blind, you manage very well, have learned the layout of the house, and you are adventurous, too… climbing up on whatever you can, and then have your dad help you down.

You really are a brave boy, Shade! Your family are lucky to have a sweet boy like you, and you are lucky to live with a family who love you unconditionally and understand your problems.

Enjoy a day of fun, celebration and playtime with your siblings and family, and get pampered with some extra yummy treats and lots of cuddles. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Concatulations dearest Shade on being chosen COTD. You are indeed a very handsome boy with your plush grey fur. Enjoy your day sweetheart.

Dearest Shade, what a beautiful boy you are! You are so pretty with that plush grey fur with the white boots and bib! And what a sweet face you have with that cute darker-grey nose and the lovely big green eyes. Thank you for sharing both those great photos with us! You are gorgeous in both. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Hickory, NC to pet you, and pet your siblings and mother and father, too! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all for me .

And what a wonderful, uplifting story you have to tell! Ever since you were born, your Purrrsons noticed that you were not developing and getting around like your siblings were. Finally they realized you were blind! Your eyes react to light but don't see anything else. We thank your dear Purrrsons for keeping and caring for you and all your family and for giving you the special care you need. Your human Dad takes you with him almost everywhere he goes! You have memorized your house and Dad's shop and get along just fine. You haven't even ever made a litterbox mistake! You and your kitty family and human family all love each other dearly, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Shade, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your kitty family and human family and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

Last edited by phesina; 11-13-2017 at 03:48 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Shade is the most magnificent COTD! He is an inspiration and a superstar, a very fine lookin' kitty cat as well! Sending huge bales of love to the Shadmeister, hope his day is extra special!

Hello, Shade in North CArolina! Happy Cat of the Day!

How nice you look in your blue-grey morning coat, with your white bib and stockings! Your green eyes are lovely and your fur looks so plush and soft to pet!

You have memorized the layout of your house and your pawpie's shop, and you get along just fine! You even climb up to higher places and meow for pawpie to help you down! You have never had a litter pan accident, not once!

I hope you will get some extra cuddles or a delicious kitty treat for your special day! (Some for your cat-mom and dad and siblings too, please!) Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Shade!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Sweet Shade!

Greetings, beautiful "Blue" Shade! A very happy Cat of the Day to you, sweetheart!

I can't tell you how touched, how moved I was, reading your backstory, your human's love filled tribute to one very special boy! Your daddy sensed straight away that something wasn't "right," and how right he was. But no worries! Your inability to see didn't, and hasn't, kept you from embracing, loving life to the max, enjoying every day to its fullest! I've said it so many times but it is worth repeating. We humans would benefit, taking a page out of our furkids' playbooks, especially those with special needs!

We have been taking good care of Shade, my dad takes him just about everywhere he goes. Although he is blind and will probably never get any bigger, he has memorized our house and my dad's shop. You would never know he was blind until we told you...or he would bump into a wall. The biggest problem however, is he's fearless, he'll climb whatever he can, and then meows for us to get him down. But in the end, we love our blind, little buddy to death.
    And we love you too!!! What an inspiration you are, Shade, one amazing kitty, beautiful body and soul, and SO very deserving of your big day of honor! Your family is so very lucky, having a beautiful furry family member in you, Shade, their Easter blessing! But I don't have to tell them that! You're the best!!!

Thanks for ending my day on such a warm and happy note, sweetheart! Meeting you, having the pleasure of paying tribute to one extra special boy, has been an honor! I hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, spending tons of fun time with your daddy, cuddling with all of your humans, being treated to all your heart desires and more! Tons of love, cuddles and smooches to you, precious Shade, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Precious!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Shade, what a handsome boy you are. Your grey coat looks so soft, and your white shirt with matching socks is very becoming.
    Looking at your sweet face, it's hard to believe that you are blind.
    Your handicap doesn't slow you down one bit. You are unbelievably courageous and fearless, even climbing up on things, and then ask for help to get down.
    Thanks to your loving family, the sky is the limit.
    Shade, you are a wonderful kitty, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration and many more happy and healthy years together.

​Congratulations on being Cat of the Day handsome Shade!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Shade

What a beautiful and inspiring story. Shade, what a glorious gray boy you are and so lucky to have such a wonderful dad who broadens your special world. Your family is the best!

I am in awe of you and your abilities and I send love ❤️ and lots of gentle scritches and scratches to you and your siblings.

May you have a long and healthy life filled with love and happiness.

💕💕💕 from Tippy, Chloe, Chessie, and Pixie

(Lots of head butts, too!). 😻
    Loving meowmie to Archy & Binky (RIP my sweet boy 10/13/10)

=^..^=

I