Thread: Thursdays #700 -- November is here

Thursdays #700 -- November is here

It's a grey, rainy day in Chicago and I'm drinking lemon tea. Here is a toast to my Pet Talk friends! I am thankful for you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I am thankful for you all, too!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Today is grey and rainy, too. What better time to hang out with my Pet Talk friends.
    Thanks for being there!

Blog Entries
    I am also very grateful for Pet Talk and all of the Pet Talk peeps and pets! You all are always here! :love

A toast from me to you all It's so nice to see you online. I'm about to have guinea fowl, so for me it's a glass of wine.

We had such a wonderful sunny day, so all my bedlinen has been hanging out to dry. Tomorrow will be sunny, too, which is most unusual for November. How is your weather?

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Blog Entries
    Sounds delicious, enjoy! Just cold here, minus one. Too many rooms here so just heating a couple with Dyson space heaters, not bad. Would cost a small fortune to heat the whole house. Guess we shall see what the future holds, might have to turn on all the central heating, hope not. Halloween was great, lotsa kids!!

I have banana bread - one batch made with pumpkin seeds and one without - anyone want some?
    I've Been Frosted

It's been sunny and brisk and temp in the 40s F (5-10 degrees Celsius?). Overnight it's getting below freezing. Supposed to get much colder in a couple of days...
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    How is talking about the weather a slightly controversial subject? Really...

Blog Entries
    I think we can maybe kick it up a notch, I know we aren't all dead quite yet.

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    How is talking about the weather a slightly controversial subject? Really...
    It's not - unless you factor in climate change discussion and deniers, etc. This "bar" was originally begun in The Dog House because of the virtual alcohol content.
    I've Been Frosted

It's very cold in Chicago this afternoon and we got our first snow flurries of the year. I'm drinking black tea right now, but I wouldn't be above having another cup spiked with a little rum after work. It's really cold out!

I got an invitation to a Christmas cookie exchange! I am excited! I've never been to one before. The invitation said to bring 3 to 3 1/2 dozen cookies in a container with a lid. I'm not sure if I pick out a few to bring home, or if the hostess serves coffee and everyone eats the cookies there. I love Christmas cookies! (And Thanksgiving cookies, and Valentine's day cookies, and Easter cookies...)

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Climate change-- I saw part of a story on the news last night about how glaciers are losing volume because of climate change. I missed the beginning of the report, wish I had seen the whole thing.

It's another grey, yucky day in Chicago and now I have a cold. A respiratory infection went around our office and I caught it. So, once again, I'm drinking lemon tea.