Thread: My 45 lb Border Collie swallowed a bone

My 45 lb Border Collie swallowed a bone

He got a hold of a bone from ribs I was eating. I tried to take it away, but he swallowed it.
    It was about 2.5 to 3 inches. I was surprised he could get it down. Now what do I do. He
    maybe able to pass it. But, I don't know it was pretty big. Although his stools are that big.
    Any suggestions beside keeping an eye on him. Any symptoms or signs of trouble to look for?

My Lab did that once, actually ate an entire chicken carcass she pulled out of the trash. I was frantic. My vet told me there's not really anything you can do but wait and watch. Most times they'll digest them w/no problem. But as I was told, should he start to show any signs of distress...lack of appetite, vomiting or diarrhea, anything out of the ordinary, take him in. They'd probably need to do x-rays at that point. It was a nerve wracking time for me, but my girl passed it with no problem. Please let us know how he's doing, OK?

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~