Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willy McGillicuddy

Willy McGillicuddy

My boy Willy crossed to Rainbow Bridge this morning. Age 14.5 years. I put this off for about 4 weeks, it is just so hard to let them go. Willy makes 19 times I have done this (dogs and cats), it never gets any easier. Lovely woman in the lobby of the vet office saw me and knew from my tears, and after asking permission, gave me a hug. Pet owners know this feeling, like no one else. I will see you again my Boy, my Willy Willy Dog Dog, my Willy McGillicuddy.

I am so very sorry about Willy.
    As you said, the heavy heart and the void are there every time you have to say good bye.
    Willy has re-united with all his siblings and new friends at the Rainbow Bridge, and he will be watching over you.

Aww, rest in peace, Willy boy. Sending you many buds, Sandie. It never gets easier.
    I've Been Frosted

I am so sorry, Sandie.
    He will be will be watching and waiting for you.
    Sending lots of love.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

I'[m so sorry to hear about Willy. Remember the good times.
    I always enjoy your stories about the flock of fluffs.

Blog Entries
    My deepest sympathy, you sure loved Willy McGillicuddy. That matters so much, it's everything. 💖

I am so sorry Sandie. Rest in Peace dearest Willy.

Hugs again, Sandie.

How are the other fluffs doing? And the kitties? Share lots of hugs and cuddles - it'll help you all.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Dear Sandie, I am so very sorry. My deepest sympathy to you and all your family members and all who love and grieve and will miss Willy. He lived a wonderful long life full of love with you all. May your precious memories and keepsakes help to bring you comfort.

He is whole and healthy again, a glorious Angel at the Rainbow Bridge, reminding you that love is eternal, he is with you always, and you will all be together again, One Fine Day...

Love from Pat (and cats)
    Last edited by phesina; 03-18-2018 at 04:02 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sandra, I'm SO sorry to hear Willy has gone to the RB. I know what huge loss is it for you... and his doggie friends, too. I hope you can take comfort in knowing he had a good long life, and he knew how loved he was.

Rest in peace, dear Willy!

Hugs to you, Sandra.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Sandie, I am so sorry to learn this news about dear Willy. I remember when he went in the garden and picked a tomato for himself. Sending lots of love
    Last edited by cassiesmom; 03-19-2018 at 03:42 PM.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Thank you all. Next day, when I had to email all his many friends, I wrote more about my boy. And yes, the 3 girls were and are still a bit off. Frankie was subdued for about 3 hours, but returned to being his 3 year old bundle of energy. Elyse, that is funny, speaking with the vet at the appointment, the tomato is the story I shared!

Writing to let all of Willy's friends know, he went to Rainbow Bridge yesterday. He was 14.5 years; lived with me over 6 years.

Willy had been declining the past year. His chronic eye issues finally meant he was blind; that was expected, and I put it off a long time by administering eye drops for the entire time he lived with me. Willy had severe arthritis in his hips and back knees, was on Deramaxx for that for 4 years. Recently when I took him for a walk his rear end would go down, and I would have to carry him home. And the hardest part: he developed doggie dementia. Getting stuck in corners, or under the coffee table, lost in his own backyard so I would have to go out and get him, forgetting he was at his food dish to eat and wandering off. I had to hand feed him the last 3 weeks, with his leash on, so as he wandered off I could bring him back to me. His appetite was grand; he ate more than any of the other younger, active dogs, yet he was losing weight rapidly. And Willy only felt safe when he was touching me. His favorite spot was snuggled in next to me on the recliner, he would give a sigh of relief and sleep. This meant any time he could not be with me he was whining and barking. Shower time? Downstairs for laundry? Barking in a panic. And while I don't know exactly what happened when I went out grocery shopping, he was hoarse when I returned so I am fairly confident he was barking in a panic the entire time I was gone. It just wasn't fair for him to live like this any longer.

Willy was my challenge dog. Smart, a problem solver, and a 'beta' dog, he was in to everything all the time. He kept me exasperated and laughing at the same time, for the time he lived with me. Once we discovered Agility, he was a changed doggie; Agility was fun! AND he got treats too! He won 3 blue ribbons in competitions. When his arthritis meant he could no longer do the jumps, we switched to Nose Work, and Willy loved the adventure of sniffing out his own treats. "Find it!" was his favorite command.

I learned so much having Willy in my life; no choice, I had to learn in order to live with him ha! I will miss him, and the house was strangely quiet last evening. He'd been whining for some weeks, so that had become the norm around here. He is now reunited with his Poppa Nonno, and a happy healthy boy who will keep the angels busy, I'm sure!

Sandie

Oh no, I am so sorry to hear about Willy. I especially got teary when you said the lady at the vet gave you a hug.

It is never easy to let them go. But, as we all know, it is the kindest thing we can do for them.

RIP Willy
    Our goal in life should be - to be as good a person as our dog thinks we are.

Thank you for the siggy, Michelle!

Cindy (Human) - Taz (RB Tabby) - Zoee (RB Australian Shepherd) - Paizly (Dilute Tortie) - Taggart (Aussie Mix) - Jax (Brown & White Tabby), - Zeplyn (Cattle Dog Mix)

Dear Angel Willy McGillicuddy~

Oh Sandie, I'm so, so very sorry to hear that Willy has gone to the Rainbow Bridge. No matter how long their lives, no matter how times we have made that decision, it is never easy; just as hard a decision, just as painful, every time. But as has been said, the empathy of fellow pet people, their love and support, knowing that person has been there and understands the pain and deep sense of loss, it a great comfort. So know all of us here are sharing your grief. Every time a friend loses a pet, it's as though I've lost one of my own. Willy was so blessed to have you as his mommy, Sandie. A doggie couldn't have been any more loved than your precious boy. Run happy and healthy at the Rainbow Bridge, dear Willy, until that happy day you and your mom are together once again.

Love, Sandra

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Thank you, Cindi and Sandra.

I received a lovely message from the woman at the shelter, where I had picked Willy up so many years ago. She has been on my email list and received regular reports about Willy and his antics.