Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Poor Zazou is VERY ill

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    You've had some extra and wonderful time but I know it is never enough.

I don't know how her liver could be so bad...liver disease?

Prayers for more happy days.
    We have absolutely NO idea, she was never sick, and we were sure she would live longest of all our cat-family...!
    It's hard to accept.....
    This afternoon she asked to go into the garden with Inka, and there she was playing a bit with Inka, chasing fallen leafs...
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

She is't eating much again.... . I'm afraid she is getting downhill again....
    Her second injection with cortisone is't even 2 weeks ago...
    I wonder if it is good to let her have a third one already??
    She is not in any pain, so it is so hard to decide this; if you wouldn't know how sick she is, you would never believe this
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

From me, too. --
    Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post
    From me, too. --
    Elyse
    And me, too.
    Pat
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    She is't eating much again.... . I'm afraid she is getting downhill again....
    Her second injection with cortisone is't even 2 weeks ago...
    I wonder if it is good to let her have a third one already??
    She is not in any pain, so it is so hard to decide this; if you wouldn't know how sick she is, you would never believe this
    My thoughts are with you and Zazou.
    Have you asked your vet about an appetite stimulant, other than the injection?

Lut, sending hugs and prayers.

As cats4ever says, you can always ask if there is another appetite stimulant that dear Zazou can take.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Thank you all so very much!!
    This is such a hard time for us...., last night I cried myself to sleep
    Zazou is such a sweet cat...... . She has a very special and loud "pure", and she starts doing this everytime we touch or even only pet her....
    Oh my, we will miss that so much....

Yes we asked the vet about an other appetite stimulant, but he answered that an injection is the only medicine that can turn her appetite instantly......
    Poor sweetheart.... .
    Her appetite is't gone completely yet; some days she beats nothing at all, and the following day her appetite is better...
    I hope we will recognize the sign that it's been enough for her, and to let her cross the bridge

More hugs and purrrs to Zazou and you and all your family, Lut.

Love from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Lut, I hope this is a good day for dear Zazou and for you.

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

My thoughts are with Zazou, you and all your family. I know how hard it is to see her getting weaker. You know cats don't always show if they suffer, but I hope you can keep comfortable and painfree a while yet.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dear Zazou is still here!! She is still eating! It is't much, but this way doesn't get dehydrated.
    Her weight is very low, but she added 100gram since she got the diagnose!
    She loves so much to be in the garden, so we let her do that as much and as long as she desires... ! She loves to play with fallen leafs, and she found a super good spot to rest outside: on the gardenchair, on the patio! Even when it rains she is there, because the patio is partially under the roof!
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 11-22-2017 at 11:47 AM.

Oh, Zazou, what a good report to read about you! That is so great that you love to eat and to play with the autumn leaves in the garden!

We are sending along more warm loving thoughts and wishes and prayers.

and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~,
    Pat and Poppy and Sparkler
    Death thought about it.

We think it's time to go for another cortisone....
    We will go to the vet tomorrow

I hope the injection will help her as the previous ones have, fingers crossed!

Zazou got another cortisone injection few days ago.
    The vet first weighed her, and he was surprised to see that Zazou's weight was higher again:
    almost 300g !!!!! Good girl!!!
    Because of this he said that there is prescription food that can make her thyroid gland better. It is called Y/D.

Of course we immediately said we wanted to try this!!!
    She must eat this and ONLY this food (grains) during 3 weeks, which is't easy with 3 other cats around.
    But we decided to give it a try; it's her 5th day now, and she hasn't eaten anything else but her Y/D!

Of course the others (especially Snoopy.....) are a bit jalous....., but we manage!
    Yesterday morning Snoopy saw that Bernard left the bag with the Y/D food on the kitchen table (he forgot to put it inside the cabinet) and guess what, she managed to get the bag on the floor and gnawed an opening in it... ! We have no idea who ate from the grains...... . But
    it isn't really important