Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Poor Zazou is VERY ill

Quote Originally Posted by Freedom View Post

Lut, how old is she?
    Zazou is 13 years old. Far to young to go to the Bridge...

This morning she got that injection. The vet advised us to let her rest wherever she wants; so she is lading in our garden, on her favorite spot.
    I hope that the cortisone is working as soon as possible.
    Good news: 10 minutes ago she came to the kitchen window, asking to let her come indoor.
    She walked right on to her foodbowl! So we put some of her tuna, and yes, she ate it all!!!:

21 pm:She is getting more active now, and jumped on the cattree by herself! That's really positive!!
    Of course we know this is only for a short period, but we are grateful with every extra day we het with her!!
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Sweet Zazou ~ We hope you will continue to have good days and confuse the vet.
    Enjoy your day in the garden and enjoy your dinner.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Wonderful! Dearest Zazou, you are beautiful and wonderful, and you and your dear family members all love each other so very much!

So nice that you had a tasty meal!

I am sending along many more good wishes and healing energies and prayers, and gentle pets for you and {{{{{HUGS}}}}} for your dear Lut and Bernard. Poppy and Sparkler are sending ~~~~~PURRRS~~~~~.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I am glad Zazou is feeling bettter. Keeping her in my prayers.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Wishing you and Zazou many more days of joy.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

What an improvement - sounds like she feels much better. I hope she will continue to eat and be active.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Zazou is like yesterday, even a little bit better!
    She wants to be in the garden all the time, so we let her do this
    At lunchtime she even came to the kitchen door to ask for food, together with her buddy Inka!
    She ate some tune again, and then she returned to her "privat garden"
    We're very happy with every single thing she does; but it's hard to accept that these "better" days are only
    temporarily.....
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Glad she is having a nice day today. here's hoping for more good than bad one in the days to come. Hugs to the humans, kisses too sweet Zazou!
    I've Been Frosted

I am so glad the cortisone is helping beautiful Zazou! Love to her and to Maya, Inka and Snoopy, too!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

These are the results of the bloodtests:
    - Total Bilirubine: 6,62 should be <0,2
    - Gall.. : 149 should be <6
    - AST (GOT): 122 should be <77
    - ALT (GPT): 178 should be <109
    - Gamma-GT: 31 should be < 3
    - Alkalic fosfatase: 542 should be < 84

The results are terrible bad.......

I am sorry about the bloodwork results. Did the vet give you any treatment options (besides the cortisone shot) at all?
    Keeping my fingers crossed that Zazou is still pretty comfortable and still eating.

Nice to read that the cortisone helps her to feel better.

I am not sure what that lab report indicates; did the vet make a diagnosis based on those figures?

I too am sorry about the bloodwork results, they look way off. How is Zazou feeling today, has she eaten anything? At least the Cortisone seems to help a little. Has the vet suggested a diet for her?

Keep her comfortable and give her water when you can - and lots of kisses.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    I too am sorry about the bloodwork results, they look way off. How is Zazou feeling today, has she eaten anything? At least the Cortisone seems to help a little. Has the vet suggested a diet for her?

Keep her comfortable and give her water when you can - and lots of kisses.

She is even better today!! She ate as much as our other cats! We still give her tuna because she loves it so much.
    There is not any diet that would be perfect to her, because she is to far gone..... ! Her liver is completely ruined, and this is
    irreversible...... The cortisone she got is making her hungry, and it really works! We know that she will die very soon , so we are very happy for every single day, every single moment we get with her....

How is Zazou today?
    Sending purrs and hugs.