Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Poor Zazou is VERY ill

Zazou is better, because she gets tuna every meal now!
    The vet told us that every day might be her last one, so we do all we can to spoel her...!

But...there is a new problem: last monday we took her to the vet again, because she sneezes a lot.
    He gave her an injection and said there wasn't more he could do for her..... .
    It didn't help at all, so she is still sneezing a lot. I timed her sneezing today, and she sneezed twice per second, at least 14 times in a row....

Poor sweetheart.....
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 11-01-2017 at 05:56 AM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Sending good loving wishes and prayers and energies to dear Zazou and all your family.. I hope you find some relief from the sneezing. Meanwhile, that is so nice you are enjoying your tuna!

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

I hope Zazou is still happily eating her tuna and her sneezing has stopped. She is such a beautiful lady.
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Her sneezing hans't stopped completely, but it's "better" now. I weighed her last evening, and she gaines a bit of weight: 100grams extra.
    If we wouldn't have known she is so sick, we would believe she is one healthy cat; BUT SHE IS STILL VERY SICK...
    So we are so happy with everyday we ge with her, every "miauw", every head- and legbumpies....!!

We love her sooooooo very much
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 11-01-2017 at 05:57 AM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Loads of love to dear Zazou and you all, enjoying every day you have there!

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

I'm glad to hear Zazou has gained a little weight. I hope she will continue to eat and stop sneezing so much. As long as she wants to eat, she is probably not in pain... but you know cats hide it so well. Perhaps ask your vet for a painkiller to have handy, just in case.

Enjoy every day you have with your sweet girl and give her lots of love. Sending hugs and positive thoughts.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I agree - glad of the weight gain, and know every moment that is a good moment is priceless! Give her a kiss from us, please!
    I've Been Frosted

From Oct.27 her appetite was going downhill again.... . On Friday she stopped eating completely...
    We phoned our vet and he advised us to come to his office as soon as possible.
    He gave her another injectie with cortisone.
    Guess what: Only 2 hours later she started begin for food again!
    Right now she is playing with fallen leaves in the garden!!
    Our sweetheart is enjoying cat-life again!!

Does anyone know how many times the vet can give her that injection?

My goodness, what a wonderful turn-around story!

I don't know how many times they can give the shot, Lut, but I am sending her and you and all your family loads of good wishes and prayers! May you enjoy every moment you have together.

Death thought about it.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    My goodness, what a wonderful turn-around story!

I don't know how many times they can give the shot, Lut, but I am sending her and you and all your family loads of good wishes and prayers! May you enjoy every moment you have together.

Loads of good wishes and prayers from me, too! Love to dear Zazou and to Maya, Inka and Snoopy!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm glad that her appetite has picked up again. The frequency of those injections depends on the cat's condition.
    A cat with cancer or IBD can have them fairly often.
    If Zazou is getting the shots only to boost her appetite, you might want to ask the vet about an actual appetite stimulant like Mirtazapine. Steroids can a have a lot of side effects.
    If she is still sneezing due to an upper respiratory infection, she shouldn't any cortisone injections, as they depress the immune system, and they can actually cause kitty colds.

Zazou's appetite is slowing down again, only 1 week after her second cortisone shot.....!
    She still eats, but she doesn't eat as much as after her first shot.We're afraid that she will stop eating soon.....

Aww, yeah, I understand. The steroids only work for so long. Sending you hugs and love, humans and kitties alike.
    I've Been Frosted

You've had some extra and wonderful time but I know it is never enough.

I don't know how her liver could be so bad...liver disease?

Prayers for more happy days.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We are sending warm loving hugs and purrrs to dear Zazou and all of you.

Death thought about it.