Thread: Delightful Dewey!

Delightful Dewey!

Dearest Dewey, what a gorgeous gentleman kitty you are! You are so handsome, downright regal indeed! That thick, luxurious fur is so pretty, that pale-orange color with the white boots and gloves, and it looks so soft. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to La Jolla, CA to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you for me .

What an amazing story you have to tell! You kept coming to your dear Purrrents' house, even though you had a collar saying you lived two doors away. They would take you back there, and the next night you'd show up again. You had such severe skin allergies, they could hardly pet you. Then one day several months later, another neighbor brought over a box containing Dewey's food, his mattress, his medicines and his medical records. You were in your real Furrrever Home now! Your original people were never seen again. Your allergies soon disappeared, too.

What a delightful Purrrsonality you have! You are a loving family cat, waiting for your Purrrsons to come home and then following them around. You adore it when your dear grandkiddies visit. You tell your Purrrsons to turn on the faucet when you are thirsty. You and all your family members love each other very much, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Dewey, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrents and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Delightful Dewey

What a wonderful story about Dewey he knew what he was doing he has a happy forever home . Congratulations Dewey yo deserve it.
    :

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Dewey!

What a handsome orange boy you are. Your coat is fluffy and looks so soft, and you have the sweetest face.

I loved your story. First you visiting your new family, but they knew where you lived and kept bringing you back… not realising you wanted to move in with them! Still, you were persistent and kept coming back, and in the end you old family brought your belongings - and you never looked back.

Although you had a skin condition, your new family got that sorted out at the vets, and you have a happy and healthy boy ever since.

You sit by the door, waiting for your family to come home, and follow them everywhere. You even like small children. What a sweetie pie you are, and loved very much, like you deserve.

Enjoy a day of fun, celebration and extra yummy treats. I hope your family will turn on the faucet and give you lots of love. I wish many more happy and healthy years, sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Dearest Dewey!

If there ever was a loving family cat it is Dewey. He sits at the door waiting for us to come home, then follows us everywhere. He adores it when our 2 and 5 year old grandchildren visit, never protesting about a tug of his tail - only when he gets closed out of a room. His favorite trick? Jumping onto the vanity and calling to us to turn on the faucet when he wants water - even though there are bowls all over the house. And yes, he is very handsome, and often quite regal.

Good afternoon, dear Dewey in California! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a gorgeous gentleman you are, with your creamsicle fur and your white paws! And oh my, your floofy tail! And your sweet face *kiss*! I wonder if you may have some Maine Coon or Norwegian Forest genes. No matter, you are beautiful and regal!

Your first living situation wasn't right for you, so you came to what is now your forever home. Your people didn't realize it at first, but they soon caught on ! A neighbor brought over your belongings and the deal was sealed!

I smiled when I read about how you have your family neatly wrapped around your plush paw! You follow your people through the house, and you protest when you find yourself on the wrong side of a closed door! You are patient with your young grand-humans. You call to your people to open a tap when you need a drink - why drink from a bowl when there is running water upon request!? Works for me!

Could you please have your people give you some extra petting and a big hug (or many hugs) for me today, Dewey, because you are very special! Happy Cat of the Day to you!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

What a handsome Boy you are, Dewey. Your fur looks so soft.
    Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Delightful Dewey!

Hi Dewey! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a handsome, uber fluffy, utterly irresistible boy you are, Dewey! Your coat and coloring are simply gorgeous!

I so enjoyed reading your backstory, Dewey, learning how you and your furever family came to be as one! Being the smart, sensitive boy that you are, you knew what was coming, that with these caring people you would forever and always be loved and cherished. It took a bit of persistence on your part, a few repeat appearances before your family to be would "get it," hehe, before the deal would be sealed but finally, you were "in!" What a wonderful, serendipitous gift of unconditional love and total devotion your furever was blessed with, the day you chose them to be your furever humans. It was destined that you and they would be as one.

One day, months later, a neighbor who lived between us and Dewey's parents arrived with a box. Dewey's food, his mattress, his medicines and his medical records were inside. That was in 2003. We never saw Dewey's parents again. Dewey's allergies soon disappeared, too.
    You're as special as they come, Dewey, a miracle kitty, a gentle giant, and so very deserving of you big day of honor! Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, sweetheart! Meeting you, having the honor of paying tribute to one extra special boy, has been a real treat! Hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, sweetheart, cuddling with your humans, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, hugs and smooches to you, precious Dewey, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Beautiful, happy and healthy!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Dear Dewey, what handsome boy you are. Your fluffy coat looks so soft, and you have the sweetest face.
    And what a smart boy you are: You knew that persistence would pay off, and finally your forever family took you in for good. You became the healthy and beloved kitty you were always meant to be.
    Dewey, you are a sweetheart, and I wish you and your family a great day full of celebration and many more happy and healthy years together.

Blog Entries
    Wow! Dewey is very clever, he knows exactly where he belongs. How great that his skin allergy cleared up with the meds. Dewey is perfect, a very sweet COTD!

A big dose of gratitude to the lovely people who took this great cat in when his first family turned out to be jerks. Thanks for sharing Dewey's story with us and thanks for appreciating this lovely cat even when he was not at his best. You also deserve to be honored as Pet Parents of the Day!