Thread: Awesome Opie

Awesome Opie

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Opie!

What a precious orange/white boy you are. Your coat looks so soft and your eyes are beautiful. You also have the sweetest face… and look at that cute pink nose!

How lucky that your mom’s friend called to tell about you - of course she couldn’t resist but take you home.

You had a swollen eye, bad cough and an infected tail, but a vet visit took care of that, and since then, you have grown into a very handsome boy.

Although you have lost most of your teeth and had many health issues, you have remained remained positive and loveable - what a brave boy you are!

I can tell your mom loves you very much, and you love her, too.

Enjoy a day of celebration and snuggle time with your family, get some extra yummy treats and lots of love - and hang on to that sweater! I wish you many more happy and healthy years, sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Alaska: Where the odds are good, but the goods are odd.
    Opie ~ What a man of mystery you are. Medical mystery, that is
    With continued love and support from your family -- and your positive attitude -- you can come through anything.
    Might consider a career in fashion or design. Great choice in sweaters. Definitely the color for you!

We wish you many happy and healthy years with your family.
    Ask your vet about microchipping. ~ It could have saved Kuhio's life.

Opie

Opie I love your name as well as I love you. I love the Andy Griffith show as well. You seem like an OPIE.. All the best to you on this special day.
    Sandy Frost

Dear Opie, what a handsome orangie boy you are. Your coat looks so soft, and you have the sweetest face. I love your pictures with your special sweater. Don't ever let go of it!
    It's hard to believe that you are 15. Despite your rough start in life and your continued health challenges, you have maintained your positive and loving nature. Your mom never gave up on you, and you two have an unbreakable bond.
    Opie, you are a precious senior kitty, and I wish you and your mom a great day full of celebration, and I hope you two get to enjoy many more years together.
    By the way, the Andy Griffith Show was set here in North Carolina.

Dearest Opie, what an utterly handsome orange and white boy you are! My orange and white girl Sparkler is in love! You are so pretty in all those great photos, with that soft-looking fur and the sweet face with the cute pink nose and the lovely big eyes. You look so relaxed and happy, too, lounging on your sweater there. I wish I could reach through the screen and over to New York City to pet you! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrson will pet you for me .

And what a nice story of how you and your dear Purrrson came together! He/she thought she wasn't ready to adopt after having lost her previous cat of 18 years, but one look at you at the vet's office, and the match was made! You came home that day and you have been together ever since, all these 15 years! You have had some medical issues over the years, but with a positive attitude (yours) and lots of TLC, you have been doing just fine. You and your dear Purrrson love each other very much, don't you. What a delightful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Opie, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and your dear Purrrson and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Congrats on being Cat of the Day handsome Opie!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Awesome Opie!

Hi Opie! Happy Cat of the Day!

What a handsome, oh so precious boy you are, Opie! What a long and tiring day I've had! But after meeting your beautiful, sweet self suddenly, all of my troubles have melted away! Nothing makes me happier than having the pleasure of paying tribute to a senior, and how very deserving you are, Opie!

Those were some mighty big pawprints to fill, carrying on the legacy of your human's beloved furkid of 18 amazing years, but by all accounts you do your beloved kitty predecessor, and beloved namesake, proud! Thats said, you've suffered and survived more than your own fair share of health issues overs the years...the loss of several teeth, a lesion on your side, food allergies. But in the end you prevailed, defying the odds...thanks to that magic sweater and your human's unconditional love and devotion, most especially your own indomitable spirit!

But, with lots of TLC and a positive mental attitude —his, not mine— he developed into the lovable boy you see here. These pictures were taken recently, after he had surgery for a lesion on his side (undiagnosed) and the extraction of seven teeth (he had already had four pulled earlier in life). I threw a sweater over him to distract him from licking at his stitches, and he loved the sweater so much that it's now his. In spite of all his medical issues over the years, coupled with his tendency to fly over my head in the middle of the night, while chattering non-stop, I feel very fortunate to have had him in my life for so long, and I look forward to more years to come
    And oh, yes! Here's to many, many more wonderful years of shared loved and companionship for you and your human! You're a treasure, Opie, one brave and beautiful boy, and so very deserving of your big day of honor! Thanks for ending my day with a BIG smile, sweetheart! Meeting you has made my night! Hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, being loved and pampered to pieces, treated to all your heart desires and more! Lots of love, hugs and kisses to you, brave, beautiful Opie, our very special and most deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day!

Precious Opie!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Blog Entries
    Opie is awsome, I must agree that he is a beauty and has the sweetest face, a very special COTD! I am also glad that he is treated with extra TLC as he seems very sensitive and needs extra attention and care. Cheers to the very best COTD!

Opie

AWWWW! You are so cute, Opie. I bet with such an adorable face, you can melt even the toughest of hearts.

I'm happy you have your forever home and that your human loves and takes good care of you.

Congratulations on being Cat of the Day!

Sherry

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post

What a precious orange/white boy you are. Your coat looks so soft and your eyes are beautiful. You also have the sweetest face… and look at that cute pink nose!
    I agree completely with my friend Randi! Opie, you are such a sweet orange and white gentleman! Your pink nose is so cute, and your fur looks very soft to pet! I like your tabby-ringed tail, too!

I like all the pictures of you with your sweater! I would like to gently pet you, or just spend time enjoying your company! As my friend Phesina always says, yours is a very love-filled home !

Happy, happy Cat of the Day to dear Opie!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678