Thread: Free Range Farm - rabbits and pigs!

Free Range Farm - rabbits and pigs!

Online friend of mine lives in South Africa. Husband and Wife team, they have a free range farm for rabbits and pigs. (I tend to ignore that both are raised for meat, and the rabbit skins are also used).

The rabbits are a new breed they have developed, which can survive the harsh SA climate. They take the rabbits to shows, to get more recognition for the breed.

The website is very interesting, so I thought I would share it. "Zenzele" is Zulu for "DIY." And "Phendula" is Korsa for "answer." As in, the answer to a meat breed for SA. There are loads of photos of the rabbits, and the pigs!

http://zenzelefarm.com/index.html

Blog Entries
    Thanks Freedom, will check it out. I saw the most beautiful pigeon, at least it looks like a pigeon, when I was on my balcony yesterday and today. It was fairly average looking, pretty of course. It was black and white but when it flew by, the feathers under its wings were bright purple! It was amazing, not iridescent, but a beautiful bright purple! Has anyone ever seen a bird like that? Sure wonder about it, please let me know if any of you have any insight. I am kinda obsessed with the pretty creature, hope it hangs around a while! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Thanks Freedom, will check it out. I saw the most beautiful pigeon, at least it looks like a pigeon, when I was on my balcony yesterday and today. It was fairly average looking, pretty of course. It was black and white but when it flew by, the feathers under its wings were bright purple! It was amazing, not iridescent, but a beautiful bright purple! Has anyone ever seen a bird like that? Sure wonder about it, please let me know if any of you have any insight. I am kinda obsessed with the pretty creature, hope it hangs around a while! Thanks.
    Where are you located? That would help with an online search.

I found this link for pigeon like birds: http://carolinabirds.org/HTML/Dove_OldWorld.htm

Wow, what cool resource, thanks for posting that, Sandie!
    I've Been Frosted

Glad you like it Karen.

He said they are part of a "slow grow food" movement. And they will be on their local cable channel twice, for natural farming.