Thread: Pointless Ads

Pointless Ads

Got an email from Wegman's touting "Meals under $2 each" - and it contained "creative" suggestions (NOT!) like peanut butter sandwiches, tuna sandwiches, mac and cheese dinners, cereal and banana, a smoothie - like anyone on a budget does not already know these are inexpensive?

What ads have you seen that seemed like a waste of imd and effort?
    I've Been Frosted

2. Adds for stores that arent even in this town but in a neighboring city thats 2hours away

Quote Originally Posted by Vette View Post
    Adds for stores that arent even in this town but in a neighboring city thats 2hours away
    Yes! We get ads for Red Lobster restaurants - and the nearest one is boot even in this state, but in Connecticut, and nearly 95 miles away!
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    I know, we get lots of ads for Red Lobster and the closest one is in Seattle. We are in B.C. and the only other one close is Alberta.... just a few hundred miles away. I like Red Lobster but not that much.

5. Quote Originally Posted by Karen View Post
    Yes! We get ads for Red Lobster restaurants - and the nearest one is boot even in this state, but in Connecticut, and nearly 95 miles away!
    Thats kinda funny but its such a waste of materials =/

6. Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    I know, we get lots of ads for Red Lobster and the closest one is in Seattle. We are in B.C. and the only other one close is Alberta.... just a few hundred miles away. I like Red Lobster but not that much.
    I just now seen your reply. between yours an Karens reply it really makes me wonder how they get peoples home addresses to send their fliers to being with

One of the many pointless e-mails was about Angelina Jolie's and Brad Pitt's shocking divorce secrets that were finally revealed. Not an ad but definitely pointless.
    And then there are those unsolicited calls, even though we are on the "Do not call" list. This one I got today:
    A computer told me that this was a final (I hope so) attempt to reach me regarding my student loan.

Robocalls every day, even though my home number and my cell number are both on the do-not-call list. Stop. Calling. Me!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678