Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Miss Kitty's not feeling well

Miss Kitty's not feeling well

Yesterday morning, Miss Kitty left a little of her breakfast which didn't concern me much. Then, last night, she barely touched her supper and had a tiny bit of diarrhea. She was very depressed, and she looked uncomfortable. I texted her vet, she recommended an anti-diarrheal, even though the diarrhea was very mild. I gave it to her.
    It did not make a difference in terms of her appetite and lethargy. The next step this morning was anti-nausea medication which seemed to help some.
    She ate some, and then she urinated about a gallon (or so it seemed), strange smelling urine at that. I collected some in case we have to go to the emergency clinic.
    She seems a little brighter, but I'm watching her like a hawk. She's almost 17, and this being a holiday weekend, I can't take her to work.
    Please send some healing thoughts for continued improvement.

healing thoughts on the way to dear Miss Kitty.

I hope miss Kitty will perk up and start to eat. You are the best cat mom she could wish for and I know you are keeping an eye on her.

I'm sending lots of healing thoughts and love to you all.

Happy New Year!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Thank you, Randi!
    Happy New Year to you as well. You are a bit closer to it than us.

Quote Originally Posted by mbsmum View Post
    healing thoughts on the way to dear Miss Kitty.
    Vielen Dank, Prathima!

We're sending along loads of prayers and loving thoughts and good wishes and warm healing energies to sweet Miss Kitty, and to you all.

Purrrs and Hugs and Love from Sparkler and Poppy and Pat
    Last edited by phesina; 12-31-2017 at 07:14 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Many prayers to Miss Kitty.

I hope it's something simple and can be treated soon.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

I'm waiting at the e-clinic right now for results. Miss Kitty had horrible diarrhea this morning and barely ate, very depressed.
    Keep your fingers crossed that it's nothing serious.

Bloodwork at e-clinic showed elevated creatinine, one of the kidney enzymes. It's either chronic or acute kidney disease. They gave her fluids under the skin, and put her on antibiotics. She also has a heart murmur. The vet wanted to hospitalize her on IV fluids and do x-rays. I declined and told them I'll take her to work tomorrow.
    When we got home, Miss Kitty hopped in her bed, then she looked at me with those sad eyes, saying "mom, I'm sooo tired". I broke down and just cried into her fur. I'm crying right now.
    I just have a bad feeling about her...

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Bloodwork at e-clinic showed elevated creatinine, one of the kidney enzymes. It's either chronic or acute kidney disease. They gave her fluids under the skin, and put her on antibiotics. She also has a heart murmur. The vet wanted to hospitalize her on IV fluids and do x-rays. I declined and told them I'll take her to work tomorrow.
    When we got home, Miss Kitty hopped in her bed, then she looked at me with those sad eyes, saying "mom, I'm sooo tired". I broke down and just cried into her fur. I'm crying right now.

Oh, Heidi...

If it's the chronic type she can do well with sub-q fluids, as you know.

One of our members has an older kitty who got the chronic type. She was convinced that her cat was dying. Her kitty is still here two years later, doing very well.

Praying for a good outcome for dear Miss Kitty.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    We're crying with you, sending love and prayers...

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you, Candace.
    I think we might be heading towards SQ fluids, which I would be gladly giving every day.

Quote Originally Posted by phesina View Post
    We're crying with you, sending love and prayers...

Thank you, Pat!
    It means a lot to me that everybody at Pettalk is so supportive. We might have never met, but each one of you is a friend, and I thank you all!

I'm so sorry, Heidi.

It's good you can give her fluids yourself, and she will be more relaxed with you around to give her love and care.

Sending more positive and healing thoughts... and big hugs!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I just wanted to share this picture. Minutes ago, I found Olive, hugging Miss Kitty.
    How sweet is that!

Name:  sosweet-a.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  62.4 KB