Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Monroe update

Sending love and headbumpies to you and Monroe.

Can the dose of Apoquel be increased at all?
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

We are sending loads of love and prayers and warm healing energies and headbumpies to dear Monroe and to you too, Heidi, and all the furries.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and cats
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Sending purryers, healing thoughts and headbuts to Monroe and to you Heidi. Gute Besserung und viel Streicheleinheiten liebe Monroe.

Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    Sending love and headbumpies to you and Monroe.

Can the dose of Apoquel be increased at all?
    Thank you all!
    The dose he's getting is the one that has been published. There probably were trials with different dosages, I actually talked to a sales rep that held a lunch and learn at our hospital. Since it's not approved for cats, she wasn't allowed to comment, but she sent me some research, and this particular strength is the one that showed some success. And I hate to talk about money, but since Apoquel is very new and there are no generics yet, it's really pricey, over $ 2 a pill, a tad cheaper for me, but not much.
    I think I will try some fishoil again as well, even though Monroe had it before and he eventually stopped taking it.

Blog Entries
    Our cat has a cyst on her neck. She is two. It was the size of a small hard pea at first. Now it's the size of a large, soft pea. I am so worried, I feel sick. We ar taking her to the vet in a day or two. Was thinking, since it is not an emergency I might get some sound advice from one of yous. We thought it would stay the same size. Just wondering if anyone out there has had a kitty with a cyst. Last time we took her to the vet for something unrelated, the doc said it was a small cyst, no worries about that and she has a heart arythmia. SHIT! So anaesthetic can't be good right?? They will have to anesthetise her to remove the cyst, growth, tumor,cancer, whatever it is right? We are taking her to a different veteranian tommorrow, which is weird as well. Freakin out! It is growing, that's for sure. She goes berserk when we put her in a cage, scares her and SHE HATES IT . Makes her wee heart beat faster and if I try the lap....l am shredded. Not gonna happen. Any suggestions will be dearly appreciated, thank you and Merry Christmas to all

Quote Originally Posted by mon View Post
    Our cat has a cyst on her neck. She is two. It was the size of a small hard pea at first. Now it's the size of a large, soft pea. I am so worried, I feel sick. We ar taking her to the vet in a day or two. Was thinking, since it is not an emergency I might get some sound advice from one of yous. We thought it would stay the same size. Just wondering if anyone out there has had a kitty with a cyst. Last time we took her to the vet for something unrelated, the doc said it was a small cyst, no worries about that and she has a heart arythmia. SHIT! So anaesthetic can't be good right?? They will have to anesthetise her to remove the cyst, growth, tumor,cancer, whatever it is right? We are taking her to a different veteranian tommorrow, which is weird as well. Freakin out! It is growing, that's for sure. She goes berserk when we put her in a cage, scares her and SHE HATES IT . Makes her wee heart beat faster and if I try the lap....l am shredded. Not gonna happen. Any suggestions will be dearly appreciated, thank you and Merry Christmas to all
    mon, you might get more replies if you start a new thread.

mon, about your kitty

Any time a kitty has a lump, it's of great concern. Take her as soon as you can. Use a calming collar, or Feliway, to relax her some. Leave the carrier out ahead of time, door open with her favorite blanket.
    Before anesthesia, the vet might consider a fine needle aspirate (awake, usually painless) to determine if there's malignancy. Also, the vet will know how to handle her heart issue, in case anesthesia is needed.
    If at all possible, calm yourself down as well. Kitties always know when their parents are upset.
    Good luck and keep us updated.

Blog Entries
    Thank you, very sound advice. I appreciate it so much, more than you know. Just working on the calming down bit, I really love this cat so I need calm down. I just have a bad feeling about this is all. What will be will be. I'll tell ya what the vet discovers.

Quote Originally Posted by cassiesmom View Post

More prayers and positive thoughts for dear Monroe and for Willa, Miss Kitty, Clover and Olive too

Awww my, what a beautiful cat he is
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Quote Originally Posted by Maya & Inka's mommy View Post
    Awww my, what a beautiful cat he is
    Thank you, Lut. He's a pretty good looking boy.

Many many years ago when my sister would have MS attacks she would get 3 days of IV prednisone. That was changed later to solumedrol as it apparently has fewer side effects.

Might this be an option for Monroe?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Any time a kitty has a lump, it's of great concern. Take her as soon as you can. Use a calming collar, or Feliway, to relax her some. Leave the carrier out ahead of time, door open with her favorite blanket.
    Before anesthesia, the vet might consider a fine needle aspirate (awake, usually painless) to determine if there's malignancy. Also, the vet will know how to handle her heart issue, in case anesthesia is needed.
    If at all possible, calm yourself down as well. Kitties always know when their parents are upset.
    Good luck and keep us updated.
    Just wanted to thank you again, we are taking Lily in on Jan.5 to check out her cyst. He or she will be a new vet as my husband dislikes the one we usually go to. I had no feelings about her one way or the other, she seemed kind , but if he's not comfortable , bye bye. He pointed out a few good reasons for sure.Trusting a new one however is a wee bit unnerving for me. We shall march forward and do what ever we need to. I have left Lillys cage out and open with her nice comfy stuff and hubby's t-shirt that smells like him. I never get more upset than when I have to take her to the vet because I know how very much it scares her. Thanks so muchfor understanding.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Catty1 View Post
    mon, you might get more replies if you start a new thread.
    Thanks, can't really remember how to do that but an excellent suggestion never the less.

Thanks, can't really remember how to do that but an excellent suggestion never the less.
    After you have logged into Pettalk, go to "Cat Health". You will see the prompt "Start new Thread". You title your thread, then start typing. And then, when you're done, you submit it.
    Maybe Karen can move everything you wrote so far, along with the responses, to a new thread?