Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Monroe is sick

Monroe is sick

I noticed Monroe's appetite decreasing over the past few days. Today, he stopped eating and he was hiding under the bed.
    I took him to work for bloodwork and x-rays. He had lost half a pound in 3 weeks. Bloodwork is normal, the vet thought she saw something on the x-rays, so I took him for an ultrasound. They saw a potentially inflamed pancreas, but they are also concerned about his heart due to an ultrasound a few years ago that showed some thickening in parts of the heart. At that time, they said he didn't need meds.
    Toby (who was COTD on 8-20) acted exactly like that before he passed away from cardiomyopathy.
    I'm very scared, he just vomited his nausea medication.
    I leave him be for now. My vet said to bring him in tomorrow if he's still not eating.
    Please send some healing thoughts for Monroe.

Big purr-ayers for Monroe and meowmie,

Elyse
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

I'm so sorry to hear this. I hope Monroe will at least drink. I know you will try everything you can. Let us know what the vet says tomorrow.

Sending lots og healing thoughts to Monroe and hugs to you.

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I am so sorry! Sending prayers and positive thoughts to Monroe and you!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Oh, dearest Monroe! We are thinking of you and sending loads of good wishes and prayers and loving warm healing energies to you. We hope you will be feeling better and getting your appetite back shortly.

We are also sending along pets for you and your kitty siblings and hugs for your loving and beloved Meowmie and all the family members.

{{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Sparkler and Poppy
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Thank you so much everybody. All of your positive thoughts are reaching Monroe.
    He must have absorbed some of the medication, he ate a few bites. I keep my fingers crossed that when the medicine wears off, he will still eat.
    Thank you again.

A little good news is always good. More prayers for Monroe!
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Purryers on the way to Monroe. Please eat eat sweetheart and make your mom happy.

Blog Entries
    Please get better Monroe, everyone is rootin' for ya sweetheart! Keep the faith Mum.

That's great, Monroe! Continuing good energies and prayers and love are coming your way from us.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.

Monroe didn't eat this morning, so I took him to work. His vet recommend an ECG, since heart disease was one of the concerns.
    The results were devastating: Monroe is in heart failure. I cried when I saw the report.
    Some things are making sense now: When we played fetch, he would get tired fast, and he has been loosing weight for several months now.
    Today he was put on three different medications, a fourth one will be added soon.
    When he was still eating, medicating was easy. Now it's going to be a great challenge. He will not tolerate having the meds poked down his throat. He's still picking at his food, and he knows exactly if there's any medicine in it.
    Another bad thing: He has bad allergies, which were always under control with prednisolone. He has to discontinue it because it can have adverse affects on his heart. And if he does have pancreatitis, too, the treatment for it would be prednisolone...
    So right now we are in a really bad spot, and I have to come up with a plan how to balance everything so Monroe has a chance.
    Sorry about the long post, but this was a rough day, so thank you for letting me vent.

Quote Originally Posted by cats4ever View Post
    Monroe didn't eat this morning, so I took him to work. His vet recommend an ECG, since heart disease was one of the concerns.
    The results were devastating: Monroe is in heart failure. I cried when I saw the report.
    Some things are making sense now: When we played fetch, he would get tired fast, and he has been loosing weight for several months now.
    Today he was put on three different medications, a fourth one will be added soon.
    When he was still eating, medicating was easy. Now it's going to be a great challenge. He will not tolerate having the meds poked down his throat. He's still picking at his food, and he knows exactly if there's any medicine in it.
    Another bad thing: He has bad allergies, which were always under control with prednisolone. He has to discontinue it because it can have adverse affects on his heart. And if he does have pancreatitis, too, the treatment for it would be prednisolone...
    So right now we are in a really bad spot, and I have to come up with a plan how to balance everything so Monroe has a chance.
    Sorry about the long post, but this was a rough day, so thank you for letting me vent.

Heidi, how heartbreaking! I am so so sorry!

Can any of the meds be compounded into a cream that is rubbed into his ear? Or can some be injected?

Prayers for you and sweet Monroe.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

Aww, prayers on the way!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh, Heidi, I am so very sorry. Prayers for dearest Monroe and you are being said.

Death thought about it.

Sending more prayers and positive thoughts!
    Last edited by Felicia's Mom; 08-31-2017 at 06:29 AM.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana