Thread: Diego attacked Cali...

Hybrid View

Diego attacked Cali...

Diego went on a rampage this morning. He went after Cali and wouldn't stop. Her screaming is still ringing in my ears. He scratched her left eye area. I rushed her to the emergency vet while still in my pj's as her eye area was bloody and wet. She's ok, her eye is fine, just a cut on the lower lid. Diego has been on fluoxetine for several years for anxiety. I'm thinking it failed this morning.
    Gayle - self proclaimed Queen of Poop
    Mommy to: Cali (14 year old kitten)
    (RB furbabies: Rascal RB 10/11/03 (ferret), Sami RB 24/02/04 (dog), Trouble RB 10/08/05 (ferret), Miko RB 20/01/06 (ferret) and Sebastian RB 12/12/06(ferret), Sasha RB 17/10/09 (border collie cross), Diego RB 04/12/21

Oh my goodness! Must have been so scary for all of you. I'm glad to read Cali is going to be fine.

Do you have any plan as to Diego's meds, or not yet?

How scary and sad! Poor Cali, and poor you!
    I've Been Frosted

Oh no! How scary. I'm glad Cali's eye is OK, though.

It's a long time to be on any medicine. Have you tried taking her off it for a while and see how that goes? What does the vet say?

Good luck!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Oh, my God. Poor Cali, and poor all of you! I'm glad the vet says Cali's eye is fine.

Maybe keep them separate the rest of the weekend? And let the regular vet know on Monday and see what he/she says?

Best wishes for you all! {{{{{HUGS}}}}} and ~~~~PURRRS~~~~ and from Pat and Poppy and Sparkler
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

How scary and awful! I'm glad that Cali's eye is ok. And luckily, you didn't get hurt.
    Is it possible that Diego threw up or spit out his Fluoxetine secretly? And I mean for several days. Missing one dose should not make him act like that. If that is even a remote possibility, Diego could suffer from withdrawal symptoms.
    You should definitely talk to your vet.
    How is Diego acting now? Are they separated?
    Again, I'm glad to hear that you and Cali are ok. Best wishes!