Thread: Inka has a UTI ...

Inka has a UTI ...

We thought that Inka was constipated, because she went to the litterbox every every 5 minutes.
    Yesterday morning we took her to vet, and guess what .... she has a UTI !!!
    Poor thing..... , she was very brave and calm at the vet's!!
    He gave her 2 injections, and she didn't even scream or so....!
    From now on, she needs a special diet: Science Hill's Prescription C/D, and...... she loves it!!

I'm so glad that we saw this in time, because at the end of the month we go away on a new cruise!
    The vet said that if we wouldn't have seen this, she surely would have got very ill very fast......!
    Our son and/or his fiancée will come every day to give all 4 cats food and water, so they are all in good care while we are away
    Last edited by Maya & Inka's mommy; 08-11-2017 at 06:55 AM.
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

I'm sorry, Lut, that Inka is sick I'm glad that you took her to the vet, and she's getting treatment. I think UTIs are one of the most uncomfortable conditions a cat can get.
    Inka, I hope that you are feeling better already. Hugs and purrs to you and your mom.

Thank goodness it was discovered - and we know your son has grown up with your kitties, so will take the very best care of them while you are away!
    I've Been Frosted

Thank you!!

I have no idea if Inka is better today, because she has been in our garden from 8 AM, and she only came inside once, to "order" her meal But I am pretty sure she is !
    As for our son Jo or his fiancée Tiffany, they both know they have to call our vet when they see that one of the cats is sick; so no problem there .
    There is one thing the cats will miss: playing outside in the garden, because they wil refuse to listen to come indoors "on command"...!
    Oh well, they will survive that ; as long as their stromach gets what they want, they will be OK
    I miss you enormously Sydney, Maya, Inka & Zazou Be happy there at the Rainbow Bridge

Inka, I know the meds will help you feel better quickly. And it is great that you like the new food, too!

New cruise, how exciting! Do tell us a bit more!

I'm glad to hear you caught it in time and that Inka loves the new diet. Fister also had C/D.

I'm sure Jo and Tiffany will take good care of them all. Just in case, do ask the vet about fish, especially shrimps. Fister was not allowed even one! So probably best they stick to the C/D.

Which cruise are you going on? Tell us more!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

I'm sorry Inca has UTI.
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

We're so glad this was discovered and Inka got her shots. We hope you are doing much better, Inka, and will soon be over this!

Sparkler has a UTI, too, and I'm giving her liquid medication twice a day for two weeks. I decided to go with this way rather than a shot.

I'm looking forward to hearing about the plans for your cruise, Lut! Jo and Tiffany will do a fine job looking after the kitties.

I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Quote Originally Posted by Randi View Post
    Which cruise are you going on? Tell us more!

We will be on a 3 weeks' cruise. Starting in Amsterdam, then Sandwich Islands (north of Scotland), Faroe Islands, Iceland (3 different ports), Greenland (2 posts), then back home via Iceland (2 other ports), Scotland (Edinburgh), Amsterdam.
    We always cruise with the "Holland America Lines". This will be our 9th one! We do this kind of travelling because it is not hard for my health: the ship mails duting the nights, and every morning we wake up in a new port! They have lots of facilities for people with health problems!

Randi, the year we met you in Kopenhagen, was our first cruise!

I cannot wait to leave...! Two more nights, and tada!!!!!!