Thread: Adorable Ivy Doris

Adorable Ivy Doris

Dear Ivy Doris, what a beautiful tabby girl you are. Your face is so sweet, with those green eyes and your cute pink nosie.
    You are a fabulous senior kitty, not looking your age at all, and you handle your arthritis well by keeping in motion. You are still chasing strings, and you love catnip.
    And you also have a boyfriend, Harry (who is, by the way, very handsome), and you keep each other warm and clean. I love the picture with you two cuddled up.
    Ivy Doris and Harry, you are both very special kitties, and I wish you and your parents a great day full of celebration (maybe an extra mussel?) and many more happy and healthy years together.

This is our beautiful little Ivy Doris sitting like the princess she is on a pillow that she claimed as her own. She's actually quite petite and has white tips on her front feet and larger white on her back legs. She absolutely adores belly rubs and playing with ribbons dangling in front of her and is a very gentle soul.

She also has a boyfriend, Harry, they are the same age and who is part of our family of kitties but not related. He is our other cat, Harry, and they bathe each other, sleep cuddled up together constantly whether it is warm or cold. When he is wanted in her bed, she has a certain meow and shakes her tail at him and he comes running.

Her favorite playtime activity is catnip and chasing string although she has slowed down a bit with latter as she has become a bit arthritic but she still gets around with no problem at all. She has a purr like a motorboat and is a papa's little girl (and an Auntie's girl as well). She is a fish-loving little girl who has a passion for mussels. I always said she would have been a great cat on a fishing boat or on the docks. We all agree that Ivy is very deserving to be honored.
    Hello, Ivy Doris and Harry! I think you will both be the Cat of the Day for me today because you are such special companions! You bathe each other, sleep together whether it is warm or cold, and Harry comes when Ivy Doris calls him! Sounds like Ivy rules the house with her velvety paw!

Miss Ivy Doris, you enjoy a touch of catnip and have fun chasing string or ribbon! You are a princess, resting on your pillow (as it should be!)! You enjoy tummy rubs and are your papa's and auntie's girl! You are a very sweet, petite princess - I would like to gently pet you or give you a tummy rub!

Ivy Doris and Harry, I hope you will have a very special day today, maybe a treat of catnip or even a mussel to mark the day! Please have your staff give you a hug and kiss for me, because you are very special indeed!

Lovely Princess!
    Praying for peace in the Middle East, Ukraine, and around the world.

I've been Boo'd ... right off the stage!

Aaahh, I have been defrosted! Thank you, Bonny and Asiel!
    Brrrr, I've been Frosted! Thank you, Asiel and Pomtzu!

"That's the power of kittens (and puppies too, of course): They can reduce us to quivering masses of Jell-O in about two seconds flat and make us like it. Good thing they don't have opposable thumbs or they'd surely have taken over the world by now." -- Paul Lukas

"We consume our tomorrows fretting about our yesterdays." -- Persius, first century Roman poet

Cassie's Catster page: http://www.catster.com/cats/448678

Dearest Princess Ivy Doris, what a gorgeous mature lady you are! Your brown tabby fur is so pretty and looks so soft, and you have the sweetest face with the long white whiskers and the lovely big pale-green eyes. Thank you for sharing those great photos with us. It's so nice to see you cuddling with your sweetie-pie Harry! I wish I could reach through the screen and over to Rhode Island and pet you, and rub your tummy since your dear Purrrson says you adore belly rubs, and pet Harry and your other kitties and rub any other appropriate bellies! I can't, of course, but I know your loving and beloved Purrrsons will pet you all and rub bellies for me .

And what a delightful Purrrsonality you have, too! You love catnip and chasing string and playing with ribbons dangling in front of you. You have a purr like a motorboat, and you are papa's little girl (and an Auntie's girl as well). You are a very gentle soul. You and Harry adore each other! You bathe each other and sleep cuddled up together constantly. You meow and shake your tail when you want him in your bed, and he comes running. You and he and all your other family members love each other dearly, don't you. What a wonderful love-filled home you share!

Congratulations, darling Ivy Doris, on being chosen today's Cat of the Day! We hope you and Harry and all your family and friends are enjoying a fine celebration, full of fun and lovies and all your favorite games and treats, maybe even a special serving of mussels!

Last edited by phesina; 07-25-2017 at 06:50 PM.
    I meant," said Ipslore bitterly, "what is there in this world that truly makes living worthwhile?"
    Death thought about it.
    CATS, he said eventually. CATS ARE NICE.

-- Terry Pratchett (1948—2015), Sourcery

Blog Entries
    Ivy Doris is the most wonderful COTD! She loves Harry too, how great is that.... very great indeed! Sending lotsa love to both.

Congratulations on being honoured as Cat of the Day, Ivy Doris!

What an pretty tabby girl you are!! You have such a beautiful coat and stunning green eyes - and the sweetest face! You so deserve to be honoured!

You are indeed a princess, and you have your prins right in the house to cuddle up with. … and what a handsome boy he is! How sweet that you wash each other. And he comes running when you swish your tail.

Although you have become a bit arthritic, you still get around well, and you enjoy catnip and chasing string. I would love to hear your “motorboat” purr - I bet it’s loud after a catnip session.

Have fun playing with strings and ribbons and celebrate the day with prins Harry and your family, and get pampered with a few extra mussels today, and lots of loving and tummy rubs, too. I wish you a long, happy and healthy life, sweetie!

"I don't know which weapons will be used in the third World war, but in the fourth, it will be sticks and stones" --- Albert Einstein.

Precious Ivy Doris!

Good evening, beautiful Princess Ivy Doris! Happy Cat of the Day, sweetheart! So happy to meet you, having the chance to honor you here today! Nothing warms my heart more than having the pleasure of paying tribute to a seasoned kittyken, and how VERY deserving you are, Ivy Doris!

I was SO moved by your heart-melting photos, Ivy Doris, your family's heartfelt, heartwarming tribute to their beloved furkid, including learning of the very special bond you share with your bestie, Harry! True love it is! And what a lucky girl you are, being both a "Papa's girl" and an "Auntie's girl!!! Well, you are irresistible!

How blessed your humans and furry friends are, having a furry family member, a best friend and loving companion in you, sweetheart! You truly are a gentle soul, beautiful inside and out, and so very worthy of your big day of honor!

Thanks for the BIG smiles, sweetheart! Meeting you tonight, seeing all of your heart-melting photos, has been the perfect end to my day! Hope you're enjoying a very special day of celebration, rolling in catnip and chasing string, chowing down on mussels (my kind of girl!), cuddling with Harry and your humans, being loved and pampered to pieces! Tons of love, cuddles and kisses to you, precious Ivy Doris, our VERY special and MOST deserving Cat of the Day, EVERY day! Love to dear Harry and the entire furry gang, too!

PRECIOUS!!!

Star,Tigg'r , Mollie and the10 Gallon Gang!

And my Rainbow Bridge Furangels...Jingles, Cody, Fritz, Chessa, Satin, Buddy, Lizzie, Oliver, Squeaker, Moonbeam, Rosie, Ruby~

Congrats on being COTD, beautiful Ivy Doris!
    Nancy

All things work together for good to them that love God.
    (Romans 8:28)

I've been defrosted-- Thanks, Sana

Ivy Doris - you are so cute in your "meatloaf" pose and I smiled at how your fursibling responds to your calls to share your catbed.

You have that sweet tabby expression so common to many tabbies and that makes you totally adorable. Congratulations on being Cat of they Day and may you have many many more happy and healthy years with your family.
    "Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda