Thread: Bird allergy

Bird allergy

My dad has a pet bird, Mango, a peach faced lovebird.I'm allergic to birds and I spend summers living at my dad's. My eyes are in a lot of pain, which is starting to affect my sleep as well. Therefore I'm looking for suggestions to help with this.

Where does the bird sleep, and where do you sleep? Is Mango out and about much?
    I've Been Frosted

Blog Entries
    There are many ideas, antihistimanes. I would suggest not staying there honey if you have killer allergies.

Her cage is in the living room which is across from my room. I've been keeping my door shut and I vacuumed it before hand. Mango is rarely out.

There is a really good product - the brand name is FloNase, which used to be prescription only, but is now available as an over-the-counter medication. You spray it into your nostrils, and I have found it extremely effective when i am around an animal I am allergic to, and my sister-in-la even uses it (as do others I am sure) for seasonal allergies.
    I've Been Frosted

My dad has decided to look into her staying with one of his friends for my time here. Which was successful immediately last time.

Quote Originally Posted by Chelle View Post
    My dad has decided to look into her staying with one of his friends for my time here. Which was successful immediately last time.
    Aww, okay! That's nice he has a friend Mango is comfortable with! In the meantime, you might try FloNase - or whatever its generic is - totally worth it as far as I am concerned! And no, no one is paying me to say this!
    I've Been Frosted

Thanks for the suggestion and lol.

You're quite welcome!
    I've Been Frosted